Eielson AFB

ATEAV8GN

IC? Who needs that crap!
Howdy from Texas!

Ok guys, is there anyone on here at Eielson?? The great USAF is looking to move us from Dyess (Abilene TX) to Eielson. My wife and I are both Texas natives and we are looking forward to the CHILLY experience but I have a few questions...

What does everyone drive up there for daily drivers? Don't think the GN will swing it up there. My '05 2500 Ram 4X4 Cummins will be fine but I don't think the '99 Formula will too enjoyable. I'm not one for storing a car in the winter. Does everyone drive Subaru's or what? A WRX sound kinda fun.

State income tax? Yes? No?

State military spouse rules... spouse have to change residence? Register vehicles in AK? I know in Virginia it doesn't matter that your married to military, you have to get a VA license and register your vehicle in VA.. that sucks.

If I think of any other questions I'll put 'em up. If your currently there give me a shout at drewcarlton@sbcglobal.net

Hey man! I'm born-and-raised Alaskan, so I figured I could help out.

Fairbanks is COLD. Like, -40F for weeks at a time. I HIGHLY recommend you have a heated, covered storage place for anything you don't want to freeze like an icicle. A Subaru is definitely a good winter car, and a good excuse to get something fun :p

Check out www.alaskamotorsports.com

Also, there is no state income tax or sales tax. I'm not sure if Fairbanks has a local sales tax; Anchorage does not. Vehicle registration I couldn't tell ya.

Hope that helps!