EGT's and E-85

MikeL.

Stay boosted my friends
Given that every setup varies, are egts any higher or lower when compared to gas? For those that are tracking egts, what temp range is considered the "target" ?

Given that every setup varies, are egts any higher or lower when compared to gas? For those that are tracking egts, what temp range is considered the "target" ?

Most definitely lower. I can't seem to find the old post by a board member here , but I believe that setup was around 200 degf cooler.

HTH

Does anybody else have any input on egt? I think I have a problem with mine, I have seen 1710 at 20 psi. Yesterday after putting more fuel in and down to 15 psi, I still saw 1600. I was low on gas and recorded a peak of 1840. I have stock fuel lines, hot wired xp dp, 83 lb inj, kb for.

I haven't been paying too close of attention, but mine seem to be around 1450. 1840 is nuts. If you preignite it's game over. It seems like you're running low on fuel. Do you use a wideband? What are you a/f's looking like?

Make sure you are pumping enough fuel.. I don't have any specific info on running E85 (yet). I can tell you from experience that the fuel pump may not be flowing enough.

Does anybody else have any input on egt? I think I have a problem with mine, I have seen 1710 at 20 psi. Yesterday after putting more fuel in and down to 15 psi, I still saw 1600. I was low on gas and recorded a peak of 1840. I have stock fuel lines, hot wired xp dp, 83 lb inj, kb for.

Duty cycle?

I have a wb, but I will have to put it back in. I did not think of checking the duty cycle, I will also ensure the second pump is coming on.

I did not have an EGT probe when I was running gas but put one on recently. I have seen anything from 1500 to 1700. Timing effects EGT bigtime. Retard timing and EGT goes up even when running a rich AFR. I don't know what "target" EGT would be considered optimal. I think most people look more at the wideband but I like having the EGT also as it provides more information about what is going on.

From what I've read EGT's should be a little over 100 degrees cooler than when you run gas...so you should see around 1450-1500