Egr?

86 got boost

hearing all this stuff about remove your egr get more boost? oh my you still have an egr? whats the deal? is it true what are the pros to removing? no emissions needed anymore.

Well it's my understanding is that most chips will disable it anyway. Apperantly mine did since when I removed it the cel did not come on.

Modern chips ignore it so it cleans up the engine some but they can be hard to seal from leaks if you use a plate. Plug the holes or weld them up & then add a plate. if you cut out the complete tower in intake & weld it up it may help a bit with airflow.

not a chip car run BS3, just wanted to know all this hoora about it? why the bigdeal w/ most people look at the car and say" he's slow he still runs a egr heeheehee"... huh? are you kidding me!? you just didn't say that... ya know what I mean I have to ask...

exactly, same here, just thought it was funny to hear crap like that, find out what the big deal was and let out some amusement, to me I would think you would have more blow by or seals blowing out, let alone alot of head gasket failer but everybody has a different opinion.

Hi,
A functional EGR system is a good addition to knock deterrence. With your mods, you are past that. Why not just leave the valve in place? Boost can't touch it,as the valve will be seated harder by intake pressure.