Ebay Ta Performance Knock Offs L@@k Inside For Pictures

i have no problems.. and im heading to the track very soon, and will post up video..

So far i couldnt be happier, very satisfied, i have over 500 miles on them and still leak free

good the hear, was talking to Sam today about these headers and all the other stuff soon to come. I'm thinking of getting a set also.

let use know how the work for you at the track. :D

Price with shipping from China for the Ta style headers!!!

Awhile ago someone on another respected Buick board was trying to set up a deal for the folks/members for the China TA style headers but got cut off after a dealer complained to the China manufacturer/Representative and according to this person the cost would of been $125 to his door from China!!!!:eek: Had to order 25/30 sets for that price though.

:cool: Who was that complaining Dealer???? and how much are these headers now??????????????? I think they were $250 in the beginning. That would of been a 100% profit. Can we say the word greed?

Question? Do 3 1/2" China made down pipes have as much material/labor in them as a complete set of TA style headers???

How Do I Get The New Headers.the Ones I Got Do Not Fit I Want To Exchange

I installed a set for a customer. They were not even close. I had to cut the crossover pipe and weld together. The slip joint was a joke. The cross over hits the oil pan with a girdle so pan was modded with a hammer. The turbo flange was clocked wrong downpipe will not fit. Had to cut off the turbo flange and re-clock. Turbo sits to far to the right for ATR style downpipe so I now am re-doing the down pipe. Main pipe on the right side lays against a stock starter solenoid. Anyone else had these problems or am I the lone ranger? Nice headers for the money but if you dont own a tig welder and have a little skill good luck.

Question? Do 3 1/2" China made down pipes have as much material/labor in them as a complete set of TA style headers???

The TA knockoff headers are not even close to the fit or quality as the real TA headers. The do resemble them thats about it. The price is the only thing that will bring me back to do another set.

Pics

Attachments

• timdp2.jpg
    timdp2.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 493
what was not linning up with the 3inch ATR DP ??

When i first installed the headers, i was suprized how well it fit with the ATR 3inch DP

Picture073.jpg

The down pipe was the last thing that would not fit. The AC box is in the way. I notice you do not have an AC box. I can see from your pic your pipe will not fit with AC box.

If you look close at the pic the turbo is clocked wrong. If they fix this then it will go a long way to helping the DP. TA had a few headers that went out the door with this flange problem. Guess thats the headers they knocked off.

Attachments

• timDP.jpg
    timDP.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 492
I installed a set for a customer. They were not even close. I had to cut the crossover pipe and weld together. The slip joint was a joke. The cross over hits the oil pan with a girdle so pan was modded with a hammer. The turbo flange was clocked wrong downpipe will not fit. Had to cut off the turbo flange and re-clock. Turbo sits to far to the right for ATR style downpipe so I now am re-doing the down pipe. Main pipe on the right side lays against a stock starter solenoid. Anyone else had these problems or am I the lone ranger? Nice headers for the money but if you dont own a tig welder and have a little skill good luck.

ATR style header required a diffrent down pipe for those headers a terry houston downpipe for stock headers will not fit with a set of genuine atr headers.

when i used my houston downpipe for the stock headers on my atr ebay headers i had to flatten out one side of the pipe to get it to clear the crossover other than that it fit great. without flatten the side of the pipe i had a gap of about 7/16 of an inch between the turbo and the downpipe flange.

Man i was thinking about em but from what ive read about Lonnie D going through.

cost@ 325.00 + 8 hrs or better to port, test fit, remove, think about it, rethink about it, fab, retest fit, remove, rethink, heat and beat, retest, refab, rerun, ruh roh

I think what I would do though is get them from someone who has already worked out the bugs for $550 and that would still be a good deal, of course who ever done this would spend hrs on first set but sets thereafter would go quicker making it a little more profitable..but not much

all i know is somtimes id pay a little extra to have less headache, i get my goodie in the mail i would like resonable bolt up

If you look close at the pic the turbo is clocked wrong. If they fix this then it will go a long way to helping the DP. TA had a few headers that went out the door with this flange problem. Guess thats the headers they knocked off.

Gotta love that chinese junk. Oh, hey but they're cheap. :rolleyes:

I know someone else who had that problem with TA headers. Mine are fine though.

The problem with the China-made stuff, as far as I can tell, is that they're like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Maybe 70% of them are good, but 30% have some sort of icky cherry goo or other horrible tasting stuff in them. But people keep buying boxes of chocolates because some of them are good. Unfortunately, the vendors get the box of chocolates and the consumer only gets one piece from it. Some get good ones, others don't.

This is a bit of a digression but.....how come all the china-made stuff consists of multiple pieces welded together whereas the US made stuff is mostly single pieces that are bent properly? I noticed this with the downpipes and the exhaust systems. Not sure about the headers.

Jim

I know someone else who had that problem with TA headers. Mine are fine though.

The problem with the China-made stuff, as far as I can tell, is that they're like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. Maybe 70% of them are good, but 30% have some sort of icky cherry goo or other horrible tasting stuff in them. But people keep buying boxes of chocolates because some of them are good. Unfortunately, the vendors get the box of chocolates and the consumer only gets one piece from it. Some get good ones, others don't.

This is a bit of a digression but.....how come all the china-made stuff consists of multiple pieces welded together whereas the US made stuff is mostly single pieces that are bent properly? I noticed this with the downpipes and the exhaust systems. Not sure about the headers.

Jim

Seems like everything i been getting lately has a nouget in the box:eek:

I spent 3 night trying to get the headers to even bolt on to my heads. This was after I discovered that the flanges were warped, so I got that fixed. Next I discovered the stock starter won't work, so I bought a mini starter. After reaming the outer mount holes to get them to bolt up, and porting the crap out of the flanges (up to 1/4" on the front cylinders), I discovered they clock the turbo wrong, and the 3.5" DP isn't even close to bolting up. It is up against the floor board/ firewall. The DP fit better than my old TH with the stock headers, I will give it that, but a no go with these headers. I am going to redrill the turbo mounting holes on the flange to spin the exhaust side foward, hopefully lowering the DP, and pulling it away from the floor. I hope they atleast make more power. Knowing these are cheap knock off's, I was prepared for some modding, I have had to mod expensive products as well, I guess it goes with anything aftermarket.

They are worth the price, and when it comes down to it, I just look for a reason to hang out in the garage and spend some quality time with my Buick.:biggrin: