Ebay Ta Performance Knock Offs L@@k Inside For Pictures

He probably got out of Turbo Buicks because of all the pissing and moaning the Buick crowd does....seems like it never ends. If I supplied parts to a certain crowd that constantly griped and complained I'd stop selling to them too. The headache for such a small market isn't worth the trouble.

I agree.

guys if you don't like the china made knock-offs . then don't buy-em. The hot-air that your wasting over bitchin about them still don't stop the fact that they are being made and sold.

I happen to have a set of ATR knock -offs and so far so good they are living well on my car. I'm pretty happy that i have a nice looking set of headers for 226 bucks shipped to my door. yeah my stockers have been welded like 3 times and needed to be welded again when i put the ebay headers on. so i have just as much time and money in my stock headers as i do the ebay ones.

You think the stockers were china made too be cause they crack and fall apart? so do you really get what you pay for?

I just don't know why everyone is so upset with these headers.As far as I know there are two people that should be upset with these knockoffs.That is Nick Micale and TA performance.

Is everyone that is so upset planning on buying a set of Ta headers?

The best way to support the vendor that did all the R&D on the Ta headers would be to buy them from them.

IF THEY SELL THEM THEY WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE THEM.

The only way to make sure it doesn"t affect them is to buy them. I don't think TA performance is losing a sale from these knockoffs because the people buying them had no intentions of paying $1045 for headers anyways.I figure it helps all the other vendors out because now these costomers have $700 to spend on other items that keep them in business.
Don't get me wrong I don't agree with stealing a design and manufacturing it in China.I'm just not as upset about them because I have no intention of paying $1045 for a set of headers.If Nick or TA performance manufactured something that I had every intention of buying at a price I found appealing and China knocked them off I would absolutely buy them from Nick to support his effort for stepping up and supplying us with a well needed part. I'll support Nick and Ta performance by purchasing other parts from them.:D

I don't think TA performance is losing a sale from these knockoffs because the people buying them had no intention of paying the $1045 for them anyway.I figure it helps all the other vendors out because now these costomers have $700 to spend on other items that keep them in business.

That's actually a pretty good point. The price differential is so huge that I'd bet the majority of people buying $200 headers wouldn't drop a grand on headers anyway.

I don't know what you did to that post, but it's all kinds of f'd up. To break it up into paragraphs just hit the enter key.

Jim

All the tubing that comes from that part of the world is polished for some reason, it is not an option, they just do it. Mike
I had bought a G-Body downpipe for a guy and it was polished like these headers.
Are these made in the US?

So here is the big question that is stuck in my head...

WHY doesn't TA find a chinese company to build their stuff! I have worked with guys who have had chinese factories make parts, and like Mike said you specify the quality...

I know that isn't what yall want to hear, but just another log for the fire...

*sigh*......will this ever end...........i want to see how they perform honestly....does n e one have these bolted up yet???? the none defective ones of course..how did they do???

Sounds like the gauntlet is thrown! Good old american shoot out! Did alittle searchin' and yes seems like they are made in china. With alot of other performance parts. There is even a company (China) that knocks of Edlebrock intakes. I also read Scat has there cranks forged in china. You would think SEMA would take an interest in this. Not on having parts made over seas, but if they are coping US made stuff that should be a no-no.:mad:

There is a HUGE China section as part of the SEMA/APEX show.

Wondering about the cost in the headers and perhaps somebody with more knowledge can check me on this:

It looks like some of the expensive headers are using lots of pre bent tubes welded together to make the headers and the polished stuff looks like it may be single tubes that get bent as one piece and then just welded on the ends to the flange and collector. That may explain some of the costs - all those mandrel bends and the welding is not cheap.

Samballs1

Check everything over with a magnet. If it good quality stainless the magnet will not stick. If it sticks a little its a lower quality. One thing I noticed on real ta's (not that its abad thing) is that the flanges where mild steel not ss. I did check out a set of ATR copies and they had ss flanges but the pipes where much lighter duty than the originals.

I can't see them lasting as long being the material is thin. Time will tell.

I will be testing a set real soon.

Pacemkr86 is your best bet at the moment for good performance reports on SPX-7's products.

i have no problems.. and im heading to the track very soon, and will post up video..

So far i couldnt be happier, very satisfied, i have over 500 miles on them and still leak free

Magnetism

I did go over all parts of the header! I've got access to neodinium ( the strongest magnets in the world) (very small of course - less than 1/8 inch x 1/4 inch! - for my fridge) and even then it wasn't very magnetic. The magnet would have attraction properties, but not like it does towards my fridge. Once they are on, it takes a set of pliers to take them off. and I could take them off very easly with my fingers! So i'm happy! Seems like good quality material.

Sam

hey the pix don't work, can you email me some ?

thanks,

Brad

Guys,

I hope I don't get thrashed for this, but I thought it would be nice for you guys who are interesed in these look at pictures of the welding quality and craftman ship of these headers! I am very impressed with the external welding of these headers... I know that some people have posted some pictures of the actual flange and ports, but I don't think I saw any pictures of the internal parts of the pipes..... (Where the pipes get welded to the main pipe connected to 3 bolt flange for turbo. Thought you guys might like these photos. I am not to happy with the size of the ports!

Thanks,
Sam
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb191/SAMBALLS1/100_2654.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb191/SAMBALLS1/100_2655.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb191/SAMBALLS1/100_2653.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb191/SAMBALLS1/100_2652.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb191/SAMBALLS1/100_2651.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb191/SAMBALLS1/100_2650.jpg

If you look at the last 2 pictures... Sorry they are not very clear.... The beads you see in the interior is the actual size of the pipe as it's welded to the main pipe..... Look at how small the holes are in relation to the actual size of the pipe. Seems more like a restriction on the passenger side header!

was thinking of buying a set along with a downpipe but he doesn't return email's. any one got a phone ## for this guy:confused: