E85 goooo?

A lot of other boosted forums like Rotella, which is now my oil of choice. I've never had goo with any oil though.
Rotella has lowered their zddp content as well. For this and other reasons,this is not the best choice.

These are the socks from my double Pumper on e85 after 1 year. The black one on the right is from the main pump. Nothing seems to have gotten past the sock though, and the fuel filter looked perfect...

Attachments

• 1408017321327.jpg
    1408017321327.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 170
Brad Penn is great oil but be careful when you start leaking oil into the combustion chamber. When it burns it becomes this sticky black substance. It's no bueno and a bitch to clean. I can only imagine when it mixes with something like ethanol. I wouldn't doubt it causing that gooo. If I were any of you guys I'd stick to conventional dino oil to limit the foreign things that aren't really that organic. And please, before you start flaming me for organic, I used it as a chemistry term (inorganic vs organic).

The main pain in the butt here is the goo that accumulates on the injector nozzles when running E85.
Carbureted engines on E85 get goo in their float bowls.
I was getting it big time on my injector nozzles and never noticed anything odd about my engine oil.
Carb Defender was engineered to combat this .
I can't believe that no one has tested it and reported back.
I can't wait to test the stuff as I am waiting for my Champion GN1s,I spoke to Tom today and he said they would be shipped out tomorrow again. Do you see what I did there?

Anybody have pics of the goo anywhere?? I.E. on an injector, filter, lines or?? This could be helpful for us to look & correct..............

Anybody??? how about some good old fashioned "Fuell Inj. Cleaner" such as STP / Lucas / Techron to eliminate this problem ????

I am looking into E85 for a THS car but the "goo" scaring me away

So if one uses VR1 oil and change every 3-4 months as I dot drive much I won't get the goo?

And use two SS filters?

I have stock fuel lines and was planning on using AZ GN 300 LPH pump with Hotwire and 80s with TT chip

Don't wanna clog injector /burn piston etc

I am looking into E85 for a THS car but the "goo" scaring me away

So if one uses VR1 oil and change every 3-4 months as I dot drive much I won't get the goo?

And use two SS filters?

I have stock fuel lines and was planning on using AZ GN 300 LPH pump with Hotwire and 80s with TT chip

Don't wanna clog injector /burn piston etc
The goo isn't caused by the oil and doesn't clog the injectors. It seems to be caused when the E85 is exposed to heat. Not everyone experiences this problem,so it would be a good idea to talk to people in your area who are using it. If you buy that pump,you'll have to modify your stock return line or replace it with a better flowing line.

I removed my engine this morning due to a broken crankshaft !!! More on that later. I see this tar like substance in my intake runners of my heads? I have been using E85 in this Buick for just over a year, anyone seen this before? The car did sit for 3 months during winter. I'm assuming this has to be a by product of E85? Thanks Doug....
What were your findings?

I only have 300 or so miles on the new motor. I'm now using Mobil 1 oil and no PCV,when I get more miles on it I will take the upper dog house off and see if the Goo is back? I was using Rotella diesel 15w-40, that may have been my cause? I had no goo on injector tips..

The goo isn't caused by the oil and doesn't clog the injectors. It seems to be caused when the E85 is exposed to heat. Not everyone experiences this problem,so it would be a good idea to talk to people in your area who are using it. If you buy that pump,you'll have to modify your stock return line or replace it with a better flowing line.
I have a DW300 pump with stock return. All is good as far as pressure.