E85 and Alky kit?

Ive heard of guys running e85 that have had to remove the 160 degree thermostat because the intake charge is so cold that it takes the engine forever to warm up....Think about it top alcohol cars running 100 percent ethanol idling in the pits have frost on the intake!!! Build your fuel system right and go...I have 83 lbs injectors according to turbo tweak they are good for mid tens on the corn, which is my eventual goal.... If you can run 32 lbs of boost with no detonation what is the purpose of adding anything else? From what ive been told youll throw all the rods out of you engine before you detonate e85....
My car warms up in about the same time frame as it did with gas.

mañ i just bout 60 lb înjecters another ? what is e85 where to get it
E85 is a blend of fuel that is 85% ethanol and 15% gas. While being said to be around 105 octane, it outperforms 116 and for a fraction of the cost - at the pump at least. E-85 generally needs about 30% more fuel at WOT. You can use this website to locate stations near you that carry it - http://e85.drivealternatives.com/

Rafs-T-Type said:
My car warms up in about the same time frame as it did with gas.

I just flushed my radiator out last night and changed my thermostat (160*). I put distilled water in and RMI-25 and my time last night, idling for 30min or so, wouldn't get over 168. And before if could go any higher, the fan kicked if down to 150ish instantly. Granted I have a 4 core radiator. The test will be to see it run when I get off work. It has been in the 100* mark here in Sierra Vista, Az.

But I can also say now that my WB band now tell me that I am running a little richer from running cooler. Will have to make that adjustment. Should be easy!!

'87 Turbo T w/E85, 224/224, ported iron heads and intake, 80 lbs injector, TE45A, GEN II, TT and EXTENDER EXTREME G, XP Double pumper and something secret, 86 T-TYPE (Kenne Bell test car) and '11 Tundra Limited Sent from my iPhone using Turbobuick

thanks for taking the time guys. you guys on this site are all very helpfull to us that have alot of questions when it comes to our gns and thanks again man if it wasnt for the internet alot of us would be LOOSST IN THE STONE AGE WITH THESE CARS.

I would love to see inlet temp data on a car with ALKY + E85 and an intercooler delete.

Since E85 is injected much closer to the intake port, I doubt you'd see anything different than a hot air car.