Dyno tune@Bushur's

Here is the video.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ut3Z_Oj1f4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I was mad. I was waiting on the camaro to do a burnout, but the guy rushed me to do one, so I figured the Camaro didn't start, and I was getting a bye run. Then when I staged, I heard the Camaro doing a burnout. The starter waved me off when I started to build boost. When I went to build boost after that, I wasn't pushing very hard on the brake pedal. Threw me out of rhythm. Atleast I beat the Camaro. That guy was all I could hear in the staging lanes. All these cars had no interiors, just a racing seat and a steering wheel. He went 11.75.

Just got back from street car night. First pass off the trailer, while building boost, I rolled the beams at 5psi, so went with it. Once it hit full boost, it went alittle sideways, and I hit the 6700rpm rev limiter:
1.44 60'
5.96@119.5 1/8 mile
9.24@148.3 1/4 mile
This is the way the car was dynoed, 25.2lbs boost. Car weighs 3415lbs with me in it confirmed tonight.
Next pass, after the launch, it started breaking up. I will have to check the log tomorrow. I think I have a random connection problem. I had a check engine light come on last Friday, and some hesitation. After shutting the car off then putting the laptop on, whatever the problem was went away, and the car had been running great all weekend. Still runs and drives fine.
I think the rolling out made the tires spin, never loaded the suspension. I did get one run in last Friday, went 1.41 60' off 6 psi. It spun slightly, pulled the tires, then spun again. I think It needed more boost to keep the suspension loaded after the roll out, it was leaving on converter rpm, then unloaded during spool up. I aborted the run before the 1/8. Trying not to draw attention to myself.

Nicely done !!

Allan G.

Not too bad for your first real pass. Now you have some data to work with. Once you get that 60' down and try and get a little more boost (are you logging backpressure?) you may just reach your goal. Either way, you have an awesome street/show car

Very nice.

very respectable times...... MPH looking good too.

I'm starting to come around to think Cal might be right...... since you went 20's on 25 psi. You have enough in the 60' to get you to a 9.0.

I figured there is still some left. Like Cal, I too am curious as to what the backpressures are and when that HP door will start to close up.

I am very Impressed Rob.....I guess if Cal says it has an 8 it has an 8 in it! But I still can';t sleep until you run an 8!

norbs said:
I am very Impressed Rob.....I guess if Cal says it has an 8 it has an 8 in it! But I still can';t sleep until you run an 8!

I won't guarantee anything :)
Getting an 8 second pass is no easy accomplishment. Rob's car is more "street" than "race" car, so the 60' may be tough. If everything is right, I still think he can get there.

That was a hell of a pass!!! A little more tweaking and you'll be there!!Congrats!!!

Proof is in the numbers, car ran the numbers at the track. Like you said, the dyno is great for tuning, the track is great for results.

Regards,
Shev

It's an 8 in with the right conditions. I wouldnt want to be in it if something were to happen though. Id hold off making full passes till you get some good fall air and then run it out. Nice work

It's an 8 in with the right conditions. I wouldnt want to be in it if something were to happen though. Id hold off making full passes till you get some good fall air and then run it out. Nice work
Do you think it has a 1.3x short in it with no cage?

Thats the plan, and believe me, I think of rolling it and eating t-top glass everytime I run. I never used to think about that stuff until acouple of years ago. That is why I made 2 passes. The last run I launched on 10psi, and it planted, but the MAP sensor started leaking boost, and it popped. It is fixed now with a new MAP. No more ebay stuff for me (was supposed to be GM 3 bar, but was China). I would like to get the radials working, it is going to take alot of passes of shock adjustment and launching to get it right. That 9.24 run, I believe could have been in the 9.1x if it didn't break loose when boost hit and hit the rev limiter. It was slightly spinning passed the 60'. On slicks, it feels alot more drastic than on radials. The radials fishtail, the slicks fishtail and roll. I am very comfortable with it on radials. I went almost 90deg fishtail on the street racing a 9 sec Mustang talking crap at a car show, and have no problem bringing it back. On the slicks, I was ready to let out, but grew some ball fro and kept in it.
Bison, I appreciate the input you have given me at the start of the build, and all of the testing you have done with smaller turbo stuff. We have some small turbo cars flying here, proving bigger isn't better.
I built this car by learning from the people who have been there and done that. There is plenty of knowledge out there. The trick is understanding why something works and deciding if it will work for your goals. Luckly we have some people who will share info.

Where to begin? :p

I wish you best of luck with your goals and I am not trying to be negative, but I am telling you its not going to be an easy task to go from 9's to 8s. Boost numbers will have to exceed 30+psi, back pressure from the 3 bolt turbo will become excessive limiting hp gains, and traction will have to be in the 1.2xx ~ low 1.3;'s 60' range, and without a cage to stiffen the car I don;t see this playing out.
I'm with norbs..... I don't see an 8 there..... but mid 9's are doable if you can 60' it good.
Great keep a close eye on his 60' times.....I think the only way to improve them is to use the XFI with traction control if he has the option:)
Good Luck Rob,
A better prepped track and slicks...who knows. Cal has gone 8's many times, so he knows what is needed. If he says you got it...then I guess I'll put my $$$ there.
Do you want to put some $ against it? Can be done via paypal:)

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/new-best-at-the-track-tonight.383363/#post-3079729

Now Cal..... I had come around (in this thread) after the 9.24 pass @ 148 to admit that maybe it was there....... there was enough to be gained in the 60 ft to get him close.... and a lb or two more boost..... it was there. What can I say..... you are the man! That is why they pay you the big bucks. :)

I will gladly give him props! Nicely done. 8 sec street car. People spend 10's of thousands trying for a 9 sec street car.... and he has an 8 sec street car..... sweet!

I know you did. I was just having a little fun. Maybe the "butt dyno" is more accurate then those spreadsheets and sliderule calculators :D If you guys could see this car in person, I think you would be more impressed. It's quite a car.
I have another Cleveland trip in the works, maybe Rob and I can meet up and have lunch

SHIT!!! I shoulda bet Norbs!!!:mad:

Very sweet Rob. Now please de-tune it and enjoy that very awesome ride.

Congrats
Coach

I know you did. I was just having a little fun. Maybe the "butt dyno" is more accurate then those spreadsheets and sliderule calculators :D If you guys could see this car in person, I think you would be more impressed. It's quite a car.
I have another Cleveland trip in the works, maybe Rob and I can meet up and have lunch
When are you coming up Cal? Lunch would be cool. I will be giving you a call about the logging. Not sure when I will be able to mess with it though. Would like to put a Hartline Performance sticker in the back window. My car doesn't look race enough at the car shows.

SHIT!!! I shoulda bet Norbs!!!:mad:

Very sweet Rob. Now please de-tune it and enjoy that very awesome ride.

Congrats
Coach

Wow I was wrong on this one......kind of like my choice of stocks.. You should have bet...:oops:

When are you coming up Cal? Lunch would be cool. I will be giving you a call about the logging. Not sure when I will be able to mess with it though. Would like to put a Hartline Performance sticker in the back window. My car doesn't look race enough at the car shows.

I'll give you at least a weeks notice before I head up there. I'll also, be sure to bring you a Hartline Performance sticker that matches your car