Dumbest question ever asked

watz

I know this is completely stupid but I can’t figure out where this leak is coming from. It’s literally coming from the front bumper support. It looks like the support is leaking and it’s a lot. The fluid is clear smells like WD-40. It’s not coming down from the top (dry) or the sides, so what could be leaking and running that far forward? Can’t be brake fluid they are way to far back and I could have tracked it. Any ideas? Are those supports nitrogen charged and that’s what is coming out? What in the world could it be?:confused:

TIA
W

Maybe one of your frt bumper safety shock(s) are leaking.

Not the exact picture, but similar
3776.jpg

OK, I can live without that. WOW, I thought I was loosing my mind... My bumper is leaking...lol!

Thanks fellas

I first thought it was your blinker fluid! I think it smells like burnt hair though.

Wonder how many people have gone into the service department asking to have their bumper fluid changed?

This reminds me of an old toronado that we put a trans in. The guy came back like 2 weeks later and said "ever since you worked on my car my headlight is leaking trans fluid". Before we told him that he needed his head examined, we decided to go out and look at it. Sure enough, there's trans fluid residue on the headlight. Turns out that the cruise control servo is above the headlight on those cars, and the builder of the trans left an o ring out of the speedo housing, which allowed fluid to be pulled up to the servo and leak out on the headlight. Almost anything is possible and it just goes to show that there are no dumb questions.

Did you know that a faulty radio (equipped with speed controlled volume) can keep your trans. from shifting?

Did you know that a faulty radio (equipped with speed controlled volume) can keep your trans. from shifting?

I'm fascinated by this one as GM had those silly radios in their cars for a while...My old '02 Chevy K2500HD had one, as did my '95 Impala SS - tell me more!

I'm fascinated by this one as GM had those silly radios in their cars for a while...My old '02 Chevy K2500HD had one, as did my '95 Impala SS - tell me more!

Not to jack the thread but it is possible it can short out and disrupt the Vehicle Speed Sensor signal. It doesn't hurt the trans it just confuses the computer so it goes into limp mode. Never seen it on a GM but other shops are reporting problems with a few ford tauruses. Any good repair shop should catch it.

Just saw a tsb today on a mercedes 722.6 trans where the wiring harness wicks trans fluid (capillary action) up the wires and fills the TCM with trans fluid. NEAT!!!!!!!

Dumb questions

This reminds me of an old toronado that we put a trans in. The guy came back like 2 weeks later and said "ever since you worked on my car my headlight is leaking trans fluid". Before we told him that he needed his head examined, we decided to go out and look at it. Sure enough, there's trans fluid residue on the headlight. Turns out that the cruise control servo is above the headlight on those cars, and the builder of the trans left an o ring out of the speedo housing, which allowed fluid to be pulled up to the servo and leak out on the headlight. Almost anything is possible and it just goes to show that there are no dumb questions.

:biggrin: My God, what a funny story!!! I just about laughed my ass off. Thanks for sharing, it really got me!!! Headlight leaking trans fluid, man, that is just...ah, I can't stop laughing, got to go now!! Thanks.

Bruce '87 Grand National
:tongue:

Dumb question not so dumb

I know this is completely stupid but I can’t figure out where this leak is coming from. It’s literally coming from the front bumper support. It looks like the support is leaking and it’s a lot. The fluid is clear smells like WD-40. It’s not coming down from the top (dry) or the sides, so what could be leaking and running that far forward? Can’t be brake fluid they are way to far back and I could have tracked it. Any ideas? Are those supports nitrogen charged and that’s what is coming out? What in the world could it be?:confused:

TIA
W

That happened to me once, only I saw red fluid leaking from under my front bumper...:confused: turns out that it was a deer stuck in my grill:eek: Really gross:eek:

Bruce '87 Grand National