Dumb question... Can Amplifier/Subwoofer be used in trunk with Fuel Cell?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Just curious. I want to go to a fuel cell but also want to be able to throw and amplifier and subwoofer in the back. Is this safe?:biggrin:

Just curious. I want to go to a fuel cell but also want to be able to throw and amplifier and subwoofer in the back. Is this safe?:biggrin:

why would it not be safe-----if you are worried about fuel fumes your installation of the fuel cell should not cause any worries if you do it correctly-----RC

ive never been in a car with a sound system so loud in DB levels it actually rips apart or through an aluminum tank. but dont trip out!
those DB contest cars, the ones they give you a mask and headphones to get in, couldn't blow through aluminum.

there is no such thing as a stupid question, show me someone who says that and I will show you a lier!

XxDarkSidexX

ive never been in a car with a sound system so loud in DB levels it actually rips apart or through an aluminum tank. but dont trip out!
those DB contest cars, the ones they give you a mask and headphones to get in, couldn't blow through aluminum.

there is no such thing as a stupid question, show me someone who says that and I will show you a lier!

XxDarkSidexX

I agree, there is no such thing as a stupid question. It's just stupid people that ask questions. :biggrin: <----flaming myself.:cool:

Just make sure all of your connections going into and out of the amp are securely connected. So you can prevent arcs.

becareful with the volumetrics of the sub system. If you dont check your trunk /fuel cell area for resonant frequencies some levels of bass can vibrate the fuel cell to the point where it gets full of bubbles and foams. This can cause a nice lean spot for your engine if your jamming hard on a friday night while playing pin the tach at the flashlight drags.

I suppose as long as your not pumping a 3500 watt amp thru two giant MTX 15s or something massive, I think you will be fine. Just might want to run a Bass tuners CD just to check how the trunk area acts at different levels of bass.

:biggrin: A.j.

becareful with the volumetrics of the sub system. If you dont check your trunk /fuel cell area for resonant frequencies some levels of bass can vibrate the fuel cell to the point where it gets full of bubbles and foams. This can cause a nice lean spot for your engine if your jamming hard on a friday night while playing pin the tach at the flashlight drags.

I suppose as long as your not pumping a 3500 watt amp thru two giant MTX 15s or something massive, I think you will be fine. Just might want to run a Bass tuners CD just to check how the trunk area acts at different levels of bass.

It will only be 1 12" RF punch sub. Nothing major.

vibrates to the point where the fuel "foams"----------i have some pretty serious doubts about that-----------i don't think anyone is gonna have any problems with foaming gasoline due to resonances in the trunk of a car--------even if the fuel were to foam it would form on the top and virtually all fuel pickups remove from the bottom of the tank...............RC

Where is the fuel cell vented to? If it vents in the trunk, just make sure that you have a good metal firewall at the back seat. That way the explosion won't get you.
Amps are not intrinsically safe, so if something goes on it, it could ignite fumes, and mess up your paint.
I wouldn't do it.

I don't see the amp cusing a problem. Don't believe the voodoo. A properly installed amp won't cause a problem. And, I don't see foaming as an issue at all. Pick up is at the bottom plus the pressure needed to 'foam' the fuel would doubtfully be reached in the trunk of a 'driven' vehicle.