Driving home from Buicks at Bates...

Well,

The new spark plugs didn't help.:mad: I don't have any more time this weekend since I am off for a little R&R in Lake Havasu. :woot:

Spoolfool2,
I didn't think of doing a leak down test while the plugs were out...good idea...:banghead:. Anyways, I will continue this when I return.

TurboAlky,
Again, thanks for the personnel text messages and help.

Until then,
Enjoy your weekend and safe travels.

Ok,

Some updates. Fuel pressure rises and holds pressure. But again, I can't get more that 2-3lbs of boost and then I get knock. Confirmed all grounds and vacuum, electrical connections.

I just pulled the spark plugs that I installed after putting 80 easy miles, stop and go city with some highway. Like the last ones, the number 6 cylinder seems to be fouling that plug. I'm not sure if it's fuel or oil or both. It was 'wet' when I pulled it and blackest in color compared to the rest. I also did a compression check with all the plugs removed. All cylinders are well with in 10% rule of each other, except for number 6. All were around 154-160psi and the number six was at 107psi. So I poured in 1oz of tranny fluid in the number 6 cylinder and performed one more compression check. This time, the result was within the rest of the cylinders at 155 psi.

So, my next thing is a "leak down" test...correct? Need to determine where the compression is going. Or did the tranny fluid tell me it is definitely the compression rings?

see pics...
Thanks for the help.
Damon
IMG_2539.jpg

Close up of 2, 4, and 6.
IMG_2542.jpg

Close up of #6.
IMG_2540.jpg

Time to pull the motor.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I agree....unfortunately :(. Was really hoping the gaskets were the only thing that needed to be replaced. Not this time...
But I am going to do a leak down test prior too so, I will have more info during the motor rebuild.

In other news, there are four more guns available on the black market...just found out my storage unit was robbed! :mad: What a shitty day! Find out, I won't be doing any burn outs any time soon and my guns are gone. Damn I hate thieves...

Damn, that really sucks. Both the engine issue, and more-so the storage unit break-in.

A leakdown test is best for any compression related issues.

There is also a combustion gas test you can do through the radiator fill neck. I will say it also tests the radiator for leaks as while doing mine it caused a not leaking radiator that had been re-cored or repaired (not sure as I am not original owner) to leak. In my case the h-gaskets were fine, and it seems the radiator was just seeping causing the slight loss of coolant over time. I was concerned I had a blown head gasket. I guess it just caused me to replace the radiator earlier than I had wanted.

Without coming off as dickish or rude, as I do not intend that... Why were firearms in a storage unit?

Going back to a leakdown test, make sure to use a good test gauge. The hf ones are junk, as are a lot of the cheaper ones... Star products makes a good gauge, also the OTC brand has served me well. Just throwing that out there in case you don't currently have a gauge or are planning on borrowing one. My loaner one was an hf set. Never got it back and didn't care. Not really sure why I had it in the first place, I think there was a freebie coupon eons ago. I only used the hoses and adapters out of that set.

Damn, that really sucks. Both the engine issue, and more-so the storage unit break-in.

A leakdown test is best for any compression related issues.

There is also a combustion gas test you can do through the radiator fill neck. I will say it also tests the radiator for leaks as while doing mine it caused a not leaking radiator that had been re-cored or repaired (not sure as I am not original owner) to leak. In my case the h-gaskets were fine, and it seems the radiator was just seeping causing the slight loss of coolant over time. I was concerned I had a blown head gasket. I guess it just caused me to replace the radiator earlier than I had wanted.

Without coming off as dickish or rude, as I do not intend that... Why were firearms in a storage unit?

Going back to a leakdown test, make sure to use a good test gauge. The hf ones are junk, as are a lot of the cheaper ones... Star products makes a good gauge, also the OTC brand has served me well. Just throwing that out there in case you don't currently have a gauge or are planning on borrowing one. My loaner one was an hf set. Never got it back and didn't care. Not really sure why I had it in the first place, I think there was a freebie coupon eons ago. I only used the hoses and adapters out of that set.

Thanks for the advise on the HF test gauge, I don't currently own a set.

As far as the guns in the storage unit. I am in a transitional state in my life, just retired from the military and currently renting a very small unit and currently buying a home in Long Beach. I don't have the room to hold all of my items in one room, so I had to get a storage unit. I realized it wasn't ideal...but ya gat ta do, what ya gat ta do! I figured an indoor, secured, with a gate to access and cameras....my shit would be safe. Guess not. At least they didn't get my "FITH" weapon...since it is next too me while I sleep. The really sucky thing isn't just the weapons, it is a gift I received from the Army and my unit when I retired. An engraved Saber as well my retirement flag and other military gifts and award are now gone. Stuff that can not be replaced.

Damn, that really sucks about the saber man. Irreplaceable things like that carry a value that no one will ever get out of it on the street. Fawking thieves.

Hopefully the storage place can try to shed some light on what happened, or maybe a pawn spot. That alone will be easy to spot and super rare.

OTC 5609 is the Leakdown tester I am currently using. Held up better than the few I have had before. About $63 from Tooldiscounter... If you can't borrow one, look into that one.

Good luck on the move and the car as well.