Door ajar alarm?

B.B.

Immature Member
Did our cars have something like this?I just noticed mine doesn't do anything-lights on,door open)

If they did how do I fix this?

Only if you have RPO UA6 factory anti-theft alarm. Check your option code label in the truck. This is the warning light showing if your system is armed/disarmed. Eric Fisher

Correction here. I thought you were talking about the security light. No our cars dont have a door ajar but if you have the theft alarm the security light acts as a door ajar. If you dont have UA6 you could probaly make your own using the existing dome lamp door jamb switches. Eric

door chime option is a plug in from a buick park ave 82-87 i think ,and the part number is gm 25524794 . mine works great.

where does it plug in at ?

Hey gnocide, where does the door chime plug in at and where do i get one?

a good place is junk yards but always get 2 in case one gets corroded and the tone is low. also their may be more then one number ( i have a red color one instead of black in my 87) location is under dash ,right of steering wheel .now bend your arm like you are touching your shoulder and it will be just under the rear defroster switch and right hand remote mirror . use a flat screw driver or pick to lift the locking tab up on top of it and remove your buzzer if you have one. 0-60 PERFORMANCE is a great place to get these if not . remember door chime has 7 pins,6 is the buzzer .