Donut Derelicts-Huntington Beach:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
I missed last Saturday due to rain. Anybody going tomorrow morning, Saturday, 28 Dec., 2002?
Donut Derelicts: Corner of Magnolia and Adams, Huntington Beach.

TIA
Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

Donut shop?

Yea, I went.

Got there a bit late (8:15). I drove my 61 T-Bird as I'm trying to sell it. I'll bring the Black Brick next week if any one else wants to go?

Mike

Can you give me a basic idea of what kind of and how many cars are usually there ? If the weather is good I will try to make it. I would be coming from Valencia so I would need directions from either the 5 or 405. Thanks.

This is a n every Saturday morning show/gettogether:

Generally starts about 6:00 am, generally no parking spaces left after about 7:00 am or so. From Valencia, south on the 405, take the Magniolia offramp, right on Magnolia, and Adams is about 4 miles down. Strip Mall parking lot, holds about 100 cars. No age limit/restrictions on cars or motorcycles. Anything unique or collectable seems to be socially acceptable.
Donut Derelicts-Corner of magnolia & Adams, huntington Beach
Early every Saturday morning

TIA

Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

I'll be there:

There again, I am generally out of there about 6:45 or so, which is generally just as or shortly after the parking places have filled up. There is generally a '89 TTA that comes, and anywhere between 1 to 3 of about 5 gns/t-types/turbo-t's that ocasionally show up.
See everybody there.

TIA

Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

I just wanted to say what a nice event this was. Lots of cars. I got there about 6:45 and it was allready full. I was lucky enough to get a spot. Gary if this was you in the white T thanks a lot. I saw a really nice stock Gn. I enjoyed talking with the cars owner. Saw a couple of other nice GN's also.
I wish I lived closer. I would be there every Saturday. If you are in Socal you really should check this out at least 1 time IMO. :)

That was me:

Gary here and that was me in the white '87 turbo-t. I am sorry that I missed you. I got there about 5:40, hung till about 6:40 with another gn owner, went and had breakfast, and came back that was just to see what was still going on. I did see a '87 gn with about 75 K mileage on the clock, exceptionally nice paint or re-paint, with a couple of mods under the hood, that I don't remember seeing before. I looked for an owner, but did not see anybody hanging around the car. There was an '89 TTA there also pulling in just as I left, he took my parking spot as I left, I could not see if that was a hardtop, or a t-top that comes there occasionally. It had left when I got back. Was that you, Phil? Good show as usual.

TIA

Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

Gary

Wow! Great turn out. If you didn't get there by 6:00 AM. then you had too park across the street. And that GN with new paint and 75 K ? That would be mine:D . Let's do it again. We all need to get there about 5:45 so we can all park together.

Phil: I wish that I would have known:

That was you in the tta, and that the tta was a hardtop, I would have liked to hang around long enough to have opportunity to check it out. There is a pretty nice t-top tta that comes around occasionally, and I assumed that it was him. I did not notice that it was a hardtop.
See everybody next time around.

TIA
Gary Wells
"TOLTK"

TTT

I know this is an old thread but, this get to gether is still going strong. I went yesterday and was one of 4 TB owners. Myself and a few others are trying to get a group of people together for next Sat. This is a free show that usually has about 100 muscle cars and other American made oldies. Any one want to go?

my carshould be arriving this wednesday or so. Probably won't make it this saturday, but I imagine the one after.

Originally posted by J.R.
my carshould be arriving this wednesday or so. Probably won't make it this saturday, but I imagine the one after.
------------------------------------------------------------------
J.R.:
Nothing wrong in showing up without the car. I am planning on about 6 show up time. Will definitely be there, though.

I'm one of the regulars at DD. I would have been there yesterday, but I was in Scottsdale AZ on business and didn't get back until last night. If I am still in town this coming Saturday and not making my way out to PHX for a GTO dyno tune day at Pro Dyno in Tempe as I'm considering doing, you'll see me there.

I will try to make it next SAT. its a pain in the A** since my car is not parked here at home and somewhere in Hermosa beach...

The weather report said blue skys for tomorrow. I may be working late tonight getting my car put back together (new TA61, THDP) but I plan on being there. Hope to see other hair dryer powered six bangers at the show:D .

I see that this gathering generally starts at 6:00 am, but how long does it normally last for? I live about an hour away, and work in the afternoon, so Im not too thrilled about getting up at or before 5 to make it. If on the other hand, if it lasts for a few hours, I could probably make it jsut not right at start up.

Lastly, I just got my car from South Carolina and it most definitely is not show ready. Body is rougher that I had thought, among other things. I would like to bring it to ask advice/opinions but not if this is strictly meant for "show ready" only. I guess in other words, it's not yet in a state that I could say I'm overyly proud of, although that will change soon.

Thanks,
J.R.