Does your wife/GF ride in and/or drive your TR?

My wife’s first daily driver was a 1981 Regal, and then I got her a clean 1984 GN. After that she moved up to an 87 frame off resto GN. We sold that back in the mid 90's to buy our first home. She enjoyed driving them especially the 87. Now days, she drives her Audi and other toys around every where she goes. At the end of the day if you ask her what her favorite car is; she will say it’s the GN knowing that it's my passion and all the respect compliments we receive while cruising in the GN.

Prasad

My wife is ok with the GN as long as I don't exceed 5psi boost. Anything over that and she's got a death grip on the door strap with one hand and reaching for the dash the best she can with the other. I've never really nailed it with her in the car being afraid that she'd completely lose it.

When we moved back to AL from TX I had delivered the T about 2 weeks before the move. We had a weekend at my folks before we moved into this house and My truck had a trailer behind it. So when we went to pick up my niece we took the T. She had never ridden in it before. At 5 she was safely strapped in her car seat so I pulled out give it a little boost and it starts Pullin hard.

I hear a giggle and then hear "This is a COOL car"

At one time, TRs were the only cars my wife and I owned. So she drove an 86 GN every day and always thought it was funny the number of looks she got. Ticked off a few guys at red lights too!:D Between having kids and cars being sold or totaled we haven't had a running TR for several years. Needless to say, my wife has been chewing on me for the past few years to get one of the GNs running again. She said a few mods are fine, just not much for her to handle since she enjoys driving them too. And my girls have gotten old enough to ask when "Daddy's car" will be fixed.

I hear a giggle and then hear "This is a COOL car"
I fully expect to hear the same (x2 :p) when I get it running again.

Not really!

I would say that my wife TOLERATES riding in the T for my sake. I think it's the rough ride, exhaust in the cockpit, noise, and lack of AC that bothers her. I think she would be fine in a well functioning stock TR. My kids love it though and I like the big "Now that's what I'm talking about!!" yells from the back seat. :biggrin:

She drove it once when it was pretty near stock . We were on the freeway and a couple of kids rolled up to pace us. I told her to hit it and the boost came up scared her! She hasn't drove it much since. Better for me. :p

To quote Jeremy Clarkson "Owning this car is like owning a two year old child. It's really anoying for a lot of the time but if someone tried to take it away from you; you'd kill them. :wink:

To quote Jeremy Clarkson "Owning this car is like owning a two year old child. It's really anoying for a lot of the time but if someone tried to take it away from you; you'd kill them. :wink:
I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

My ex would drive it occasionaly when it was a bolt on car. Every woman that I've been involved with since has loved it, but none have driven it.

My wife puts her feet on the dash she says its too fast and I should sell it lol !!! Ya ok