Does anyone go to marks autoparts car show on monday nights?

East Granby, right next to bradley airport. They average in the start of the season about 200+ by mid summer 500+. I think the record was in AuG of last year 745 cars

I've been quite a few times. This is by far the best cruise nite in New England. It's every Monday nite and they get upwards of 500 cars! It is held at a junkyard but you don't even see any junked cars. The cruise is held on a beautiful lawn with a nice white fence around it. They have permanent food stands, lighting, music and awards. Open to all makes and models unless they changed the rules. I will try to find their website and post the link. If it is nice and it really is starting on the 20th I will be there.

Post the link Mark. :)

I guess they might let me in this one too. :D

I wouldn't mind seeing the junk cars. ;)

I usually go, its about 5 min from me. Great place, lots of VERY nice cars. All makes/models.

I'll be there this Monday if the weather cooperates, I heard the Memorial Day cruise is beyond huge. Look for a GN with Convo's and Hoosiers, that's me. :) I'll be parked next to a '01 True Blue 'Stang GT.

Steve

Is the Memorial Day cruise during the day instead of the usual night cruise? I imagine traffic would be a b#@ch coming back thru Hartford that afternoon. I couldn't find the website for the cruise. Anyone have it?

I think it is during the day, when I went there last year at around 7:00 PM, the place was empty.

Steve

Lotsa cars!

Just got back from there, it was good! Jack Cotton was there with the Great Pumpkin, there were 3 other GN's (besides mine), and someone's sweet silver T, he was parked next to Jack.
There were lots of cool cars from all eras, and not too many ricers. There was one ricer in particular (a yellow next-to-last-gen Supra) that had the most hacked, cobbled together "fins" on the side of the car and believe it or not, Ferarri emblems :rolleyes:. I did notice it had a FM, but I don't care how fast it may/may not have been, it was a frikkin joke.
There was definitely some nice iron there. We left at about 6:30, looked like it was gonna pour so we hi-tailed it outta there (no fun driving in the rain with Hoosiers & skinnies).

All in all it ws a great day today....I was getting thumbs up everywhere I drove. Even from ricer....ahem, I mean import drivers! :D What en ego booster that is! :D

Steve

Gonna try to make it up there on June 17th. On vacation that week and my wife and son will be in FL so I will be as free as a bird that week. No kitchen passes required! Woohoo!

Re: Lotsa cars!

Originally posted by Black Box
Just got back from there, it was good! Jack Cotton was there with the Great Pumpkin, there were 3 other GN's (besides mine), and someone's sweet silver T, he was parked next to Jack.
There were lots of cool cars from all eras, and not too many ricers. There was one ricer in particular (a yellow next-to-last-gen Supra) that had the most hacked, cobbled together "fins" on the side of the car and believe it or not, Ferarri emblems :rolleyes:. I did notice it had a FM, but I don't care how fast it may/may not have been, it was a frikkin joke.
There was definitely some nice iron there. We left at about 6:30, looked like it was gonna pour so we hi-tailed it outta there (no fun driving in the rain with Hoosiers & skinnies).

All in all it ws a great day today....I was getting thumbs up everywhere I drove. Even from ricer....ahem, I mean import drivers! :D What en ego booster that is! :D

Steve
The Silver T Is Joey Ps from NY. He has major time into that car. Some of his gauge holders are custom fabbed as well as his lap top holder By Joey. He is beyond meticulous. It'll take a good 3 days to clean that car esp "IF" he gets caught in the rain. The undercarrige is wiped down as well as the rest of the car He's just plain fanatical
Good turn out tonight, despite questionable weather.
Mikey...

Mike, I saw that laptop bracket, that was cool....I'd like to fab one up myself when I go to TurboLink.
Man, I thought I kept my sh*t tip-top, but that car was just meticulously clean.

Which car was yours?

Steve

Re: Lotsa cars!

The LAMEROSA! That thing is getting to be world famous. Definately wasn't in full-effect without the strobe lights and fog machine going though.

I was lurking around silently and buick-less-ly as usual.

I see that car in South Windsor/Manchester a lot, but I never saw it up close.
It looks like he picked thru someone's garbage and found some old gutters off a house and made bodywork out of them. I kinda casually strolled by it with a confused look on my face. He must tell all the girls it's a real Ferarri :rolleyes:

Steve

Which car was yours?

Steve
Actually none of them ...Tags are expired on one, and the other is apart. Steve your car was super clean.
After last nigh,t I guess I need to spend some time in the garage

Thanks, I spent all Monday morning cleaning it up! And I spent most of the weekends this past winter in the garage. People began to wonder what happened to me!
Now if I could only get to LVD to see if it actually goes fast!:D

Steve

Hey Steve, why didn't you bring the car to the Track Rental Day, it was a blast! Learned all about drag racing in 11 easy lessons. :D

If you ever want to go up there I need one more chance to run a real good time. :)

PS: How's my coil pack doin'? ;)

Hoping to get to the Granby show too some day, my GN needs some serious detailing/cleaning to get back into cruise mode. I prefer to work on salvageV6 the race car and daily driver. :)