Do you feel a kick when alcohol comes on?

If it's set right you don't feel anything but the cool boost surge. :)

If it's set wrong you will feel the engine knock and timing being pulled. :eek:

Or the engine bog slightly if it's set too high, which is much safer than the engine knock if it's set too low.

If you set the turnon point to low, then as you roll into the throttle and hit that boost level, typically will feel a slight surging.

This is not Wide Open Throttle. This is like when passing on the highway. If you set it too high, the the car will see detonation when you go to WOT due to time it takes for alky to hit the cylinder. The more aggressive your combination, heads, cam, boost, gears, etc.. the more pronounced the detonation.

Cars with stock heads and cam run mildly with a 12 PSI turnon work great running lower 20's for boost. You increase spool time, breathing, etc..this changes. As does the requirments for alky at those different levels. At 27 PSI those requirements are much higher than 15 PSI. Hope it makes some sense.

Some cars at 12 PSI ping like crazy..others can go 23 PSI on pump gas without alky.. just depends how air is getting packed into the motor, timing, etc...

Yeah,

That makes sense.. i was hopeing everyone else wasn't feeling some nitrous shot haha.

Mine has always been really nice about timing.. I've actually never heard it ping and when it does report spark knock its always less than 1 deg.

Well, I do feel a kick when my 2nd stage comes on but that may be from the additional fuel (methanol ) that MY car seems to need. It may just be the way my car responds due to all of its particulars such as air flow, timing, boost, and the amount of fuel being injected by the bluetops at a high duty cycle. Perhaps with larger injectors operating at a lowere duty cycle the fuel injectors would supply enough fuel to give me the same kick . But I can surely feel it when it comes on around 16 lbs. Back off to 15 and I can feel it pull alot less. I think it depends on wether the alky is supplying needed fuel or just cooling effect and each car will be different.