Discussion of Chassis Setup for 8 Sec. Assault

Had to take a couple of looks but the bouncing is less Donnie. I still think you need to lower the front settings just a little. I can tell it was spinning the back some but the front seemed to be a little more stable. Nice job.

Notice how the car is centered in the lane at the starting line, then 10 feet out check out how close the rear had moved to the left barrier, then at about the 70 foot mark how the car had slid towards the centerline. The car was snaking.

I noticed that but I think it has to do with the total supension set up Donnie. have you scaled the car and gotten the front to rear bias as well as cross weights yet?

I noticed that but I think it has to do with the total supension set up Donnie. have you scaled the car and gotten the front to rear bias as well as cross weights yet?
I haven't done that yet. I'm waiting for the local track to setup the scales again. They do that at special events.

Studying the video, it appears I need to make the 1-2 shift sooner. Around the 60' mark, possibly. That will get the 1-2 shift out of the way before the car gets off the concrete launching pad.

Finished the Pinks event and came away with new bests for the car, again. I'm amazed.

1.339 60' et
3.711 330' et
5.671 1/8 et
126.10 mph
7.344 1000' et
8.769 1/4 et
156.81 mph

With one cylinder leaking down over 60% and most of the others at over 30%. The engine is way overdue for a freshen up.

On this pass the fueling leaned on the top end and the engine rpm was fluctuating as if on a rev limiter. Time to upgrade the fueling system.

I had to lower the nitrous turn off point, lower the launch rpm/boost level and raise the wheelie bar 12 adjustment turns from my normal 2 inorder to get the tires to hook at the launch. The launch pad was in horrible condition. Local racers confirmed this. Still, I was able to get a 1.33 60'.

On one run over the weekend, 158.69 mph. :eek:

Yeah Donnie, on your fast pass there was a lot of swearing in the stands; "Holy sh!t" as everyone stood up to watch. The car was definitely a slingshot, was hard to keep up with it with the camera. I got some videos that I will get to you. Nice runs, and congrats!

Being a turbo buick guy.......

I was so delighted to see 2- 8 sec turbo buicks at pinks,
every time Dicks, or Donnies buick came to the line , the crowd paid attention! the comments were the best, from holy sh!t, to my favorite........
DO ALL GRAND NATIONALS RUN LIKE THAT?! ( of course I said yes! LOL)
I had the best time ever !! people came by in the pits and were amazed at
the engine, nothing but positive comments, all were very delighted to see a
"Grand National" running that quick,
I want to thank Donnie for allowing me to assist him , what little I did,
it was my pleasure to be a small part of the FUN !
THANKS

Yeah Donnie, on your fast pass there was a lot of swearing in the stands; "Holy sh!t" as everyone stood up to watch. The car was definitely a slingshot, was hard to keep up with it with the camera. I got some videos that I will get to you. Nice runs, and congrats!
Thanks. I was using the same language in the car myself. :eek:

I was so delighted to see 2- 8 sec turbo buicks at pinks,
every time Dicks, or Donnies buick came to the line , the crowd paid attention! the comments were the best, from holy sh!t, to my favorite........
DO ALL GRAND NATIONALS RUN LIKE THAT?! ( of course I said yes! LOL)
I had the best time ever !! people came by in the pits and were amazed at
the engine, nothing but positive comments, all were very delighted to see a
"Grand National" running that quick,
I want to thank Donnie for allowing me to assist him , what little I did,
it was my pleasure to be a small part of the FUN !
THANKS
That's funny.
Lee, thank you. You're help took all the stress off of me. I had a blast and I'm glad you did too.

Here's the launch I finally ended up with at the Pinks All Out event.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGX-u05YX4[/YOUTUBE]

Still seems like you've got some bouncing on the front Donnie. I really think you need to adjust the front shocks some. Other than that congrats!

Still seems like you've got some bouncing on the front Donnie. I really think you need to adjust the front shocks some. Other than that congrats!
I'm still working on increasing power ramp up just after the initial hit at the launch. Once I've found the limit of the power ramp up, I'll start playing with the shocks if the bounce is still there.

It doesn't look like much, but that was actually a 1.33 60'.

Here's an example of the type of launch I was fighting at Pinks. This run was after attempting to de-tune the launch and raising the wheelie bars a bit. The run before this was even worse. Didn't get that run on video.
Go to time frame 2:27 for the beginning of the launch.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Rv1vad9Cw[/YOUTUBE]

Now that the car has been through the 1/4 mile with the latest changes, I'm seeing some marking on the up pipe from the cutout in the hood. It appears the hood is being pushed down onto the up pipe at high speed. Looks like the blocked off front grill is doing the job of creating a low pressure zone in the engine bay.

I can see the left front lifting higher than the right Donnie. Same on the rear as well. You might try turning the spring pressure up some there which will help the launch.

I also saw the tires being blown away. You might consider using some off set bushings in the ears on the axle. It will put the IC closer to where it needs to be which will help your launch.

I can see the left front lifting higher than the right Donnie. Same on the rear as well. You might try turning the spring pressure up some there which will help the launch.

I also saw the tires being blown away. You might consider using some off set bushings in the ears on the axle. It will put the IC closer to where it needs to be which will help your launch.
The IC is already further forward than most would consider appropriate. Which direction are you suggesting to move it?