Disconecting the Antenna?

Bobtempest

Staff member
I have heard about the antenna problems on the TTA's and wanna try to prevent mine. How do you diconnect the radio antenna. I do not want the antenna to come up every time I try to listen to a CD. I rarely ever listen to the am/fm radio.

Hi Bob, I can vouch for the antenna problems! I just bought my 9,000 mi original TTA with a bad antenna. I finally located an NOS one but haven't put it in yet. It doesn't appear to be a fun job.

Anyway I can tell you that from looking at the NOS one, there is a plug on a 2 foot pigtail connected to the antenna. I'm not yet sure if this plug goes thru the firewall or if it stays in the inner fender! If you can get at the pig tail and find the hot wire you can splice in a switch. I will probably do this to preserve the new one.

The previous owner pulled the fuse to keep the motor from running but this also disables about a dozen other controlls including the horn, door locks, power mirrors and more!

I'm hoping to be able to do the replacement just by taking the plastic inner fender off. I really don't want to loosen the fender!

I'm sorry this wasn't much help but I'll give you the details once I get into the project.

Later, Vic:D

BTW, If you don't need that "old engine" anymore I'll gladly take it off your hands!!! LOL

It's behind the panel that says performance suspension.The color of the wires are the same as at the antena.I believe they are green,grey,and white.Just disconnect the connector from the relay and plug the new one in.WES