directscan

george_dude

i need someone in my area with directscan to help me out, i seems like i have tried everything but i still cant get it going. i just got my whole setup back from chu engineering, he checked it out and said everything is fine. could it be my ecm? or my laptop? i need to swap some stuff out. i'll go nuts if i don't make it to the track this year. please help!

george

Hey Dude

Hey there George,

I have a nice laptop and my computer in the car works fine too.....I'm in Madison, WI

If I can help let me know. I'm going down to Great Lakes Drag strip on Tuesday night for the first time.

Todd
608-628-1948 cell
608-257-1956 home

1. Make sure you're using DOS, Win95, or Win98 on your laptop. NT-based machines (NT4, 2000, XP) don't allow Kent's software to access the parallel port.

2. Also, make sure the ECM's diagnostic port terminals are properly cleaned, and scraped free of the OEM clear protective coating.

3. If you're using certain older models of Toshiba or Compaq laptops, the parallel ports don't all adhere to the IBM standard. There are some adapters to work around this.

4. Try different modes for your parallel port. These can be adjusted in your laptop's BIOS. Common options are ECP, EPP, and Default.

g'luck

i belive i tried all of those. my laptop is a fujitsu, does it fall in to the catagory of non IBM compatible parallel port? if so how can i get an adapter?

thanks,
george

One at a time, swap the following items with a friend:

1. Direct Scan
2. Laptop
3. ECM

One of these is going to tell you where the problem is. Not pretty, but it'll work.

What Operating System are you using?