Digital gauges "flickering"

Dsmxsteve

So car has been sitting for awhile and never had this issue prior, I can't really describe it well but I'll add a video. Car is a 84 GN that the previous owner "converted" to an 87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can be repaired. It's a fairly common failure, bad chips on the display PC board.

Plus, looks like your odometer has been "spun". That can be fixed too. You will need to know the correct mileage of the car.

Thanks guys. After looking at the links posted, thats exactly what seems to be going on. Thank you everyone!

Just got mine back from John this week. Fast turnaround and it works great now. Must have been broken for awhile. The odo was over 6000 miles.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So car has been sitting for awhile and never had this issue prior, I can't really describe it well but I'll add a video. Car is a 84 GN that the previous owner "converted" to an 87.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
... at least your's works; I have a 1987 Special-T Regal (Olds 307 original with digital dash) ... transformed into a Stage-1 Buick 455 Regal Special-T. My factory digital dash stopped working altogether ... it's still in the Regal ... I actually bought a analog 1987 Regal dash cluster with complete harness for $50. I'm getting it swapped in this summer. I can't risk the $300 for Casper Electronics ... and something else being wrong wiring-wise and it still not work. I am really sorry about your dash issue ... your exhalation of frustration sound like me. LOL. Good luck.

... at least your's works; I have a 1987 Special-T Regal (Olds 307 original with digital dash) ... transformed into a Stage-1 Buick 455 Regal Special-T. My factory digital dash stopped working altogether ... it's still in the Regal ... I actually bought a analog 1987 Regal dash cluster with complete harness for $50. I'm getting it swapped in this summer. I can't risk the $300 for Casper Electronics ... and something else being wrong wiring-wise and it still not work. I am really sorry about your dash issue ... your exhalation of frustration sound like me. LOL. Good luck.

If you would like to get rid of your digital dash I would be interested if for nothing other than parts.

Thanks
Bryan