Did the TurboBuick.com Nationals convert any 1/4m to 1/8m folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You approached me about making a forum on T6P for your new class and what I thought of the rules. I said it sounded great and opened up the forum. Even opened one on here for you...

You are 100 percent correct, that is how the class got forums on both boards and I thank you for it. But if you feel you did this for me and because you did it I cannot voice my opinion then take them down. I see you did it to help the racers and if you did take them down that is who you will hurt. Once again we may not see things the same.

moving on, Kip

So for you to come and make that comment, knowing you didn't even talk to Scot, just seemed very inappropriate IMO... If you want to run a successful class that has members outside of your group you are going to have to chill...

I already covered this: me, Scot and Clint all had posts on this board about this subject. I did not pop up with this out of no where, even though you keep acting like I did. I will stand by my opinion. As a matter offact the car I was with would have run Scot's class also if it were run Friday.

On the successful class thing, I feel it is already proven. The outside my group makes no sense either since we have had three races now and most of the people who have raced in the class I have never meet until they have should up to race THS. Your intel sources need to be fired.

Thanks, Kip

Hmmm, not the same story I heard.

I didn't hear anyone else complain about it. I thought you came to race a class, not sale parts.

You walked by me 3 times with in minuites of this happening, I was speaking with others but it was a perfect oppurtonitty to talk if there was a problem. That was the point of my posts. Why not talk to me there instead of coming back to do it on a keyboard?

Sorry someone told you the wrong story.

I actually came to help with THS. Which I did (lining up cars, handing out throphies, good bags etc). If I came to vend I would have got a vendor spot with the rest of them. I was looking to sell some parts that were laying around looking for some gas money. I never brought this up as a problem on the board, you started talking about it here. I just tried to set the record straight. I did not need to talk to you about it or I would have. Seems you could have rode your golf cart over to me if you thought we should talk about it.
As for walking past you three time that is incorrect also as I went to find Paul Ferry from HRparts and he was in a deep conversation with the Metco guy (I do not know his name) and I waited there for a least 10 minutes for them to get done so me and Paul could speak. Either of them should be able to confirm this.

Hope everyone has a nice day, Kip

How do my posts lead to drama?
Weird you bring that up as me and Jack Cotton had a conversation at Richard Clark's about how people need let things go and how all the bs just hurts what should be all of our common causes.
on to next post, Kip

Kip,
At this point I think you should take some of your own advice that you and Jack talked about.;)

No I did not like the idea of having to pay a fee for selling some parts out of our pit area. Never have had to at any other Buick or other race I have ever been to. I will not bore you by listing all of the events. .......................more later, Kip

Just a couple comments as I do not want to be a part of a pissin' contest. :mad:

Count no. 1, in my RD years at BG, I was personally directed to shut down vending in the pits from trailers and such. Maybe you lucked out then? :confused:

Count no. 2, I have been to hundreds of race events around the country, and only at meets like NHRA do they have eliminations on more than one day?

In their case, the top fuel cars and Pro Stock classes almost take up the final entire day for the revenue generating TV audience, so they run the "lower" classes the prior day.

Count no. 3, when it is advertised finals are on the last day, Saturday, you cannot vary from that as a racer may only be able to attend one day.

Kip,
At this point I think you should take some of your own advice that you and Jack talked about.;)

Explain farther please. All I did is make one comment that I think would have helped the event and then I get blind sided like I did something wrong.
Me and you had a nice talk also about things that we thought would help with the future of turbo buick racing, no drama there as I am on trial for.

Take care, Kip

Just a couple comments as I do not want to be a part of a pissin' contest. :mad:

Count no. 1, in my RD years at BG, I was personally directed to shut down vending in the pits from trailers and such. Maybe you lucked out then? :confused:

Count no. 2, I have been to hundreds of race events around the country, and only at meets like NHRA do they have eliminations on more than one day?

In their case, the top fuel cars and Pro Stock classes almost take up the final entire day for the revenue generating TV audience, so they run the "lower" classes the prior day.

Count no. 3, when it is advertised finals are on the last day, Saturday, you cannot vary from that as a racer may only be able to attend one day.

Count one guess I got lucky, along with lots of other people who I can name.

Count two and three, my suggestion was made early enough to make people aware. Remeber all I was trying to do is help. I think a NHRA meet and a first time ever turbobuick race needs to be handled differently.

See ya, Kip

Explain farther please. All I did is make one comment that I think would have helped the event and then I get blind sided like I did something wrong.
Me and you had a nice talk also about things that we thought would help with the future of turbo buick racing, no drama there as I am on trial for.

Take care, Kip
The bold should sum it up, If not i'm sure Don can help.

Originally Posted by Kip
Weird you bring that up as me and Jack Cotton had a conversation at Richard Clark's about how people need to let things go and how all the bs just hurts what should be all of our common causes. on to next post, Kip

Just trying to help! ;)

RoadRunner seems to be having some issues in NC at the moment. Shane should be online in the morning to respond.

The bold should sum it up, If not i'm sure Don can help.

Originally Posted by Kip
Weird you bring that up as me and Jack Cotton had a conversation at Richard Clark's about how people need to let things go and how all the bs just hurts what should be all of our common causes. on to next post, Kip

Just trying to help! ;)

I think you are taking that out of context, we were speaking about stuff from years ago. I was attacked with a "showing your azz" comment and I was miss
qouted right here in this post talking about a couple days ago. I am just trying to set the record straight.

Thanks, Kip

Weird you bring that up as me and Jack Cotton had a conversation at Richard Clark's about how people need let things go and how all the bs just hurts what should be all of our common causes.

Cal Hartline and I had this same converation while at Richard's also actually multiple times.
It seems as though some may wnat to practice what they preach.
I was more than friendly to everyone there saying "hi", "whats up"
to a few people and got not much more than a nod and cold shoulder.:confused:

Cal Hartline and I had this same converation while at Richard's also actually multiple times.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin:

back on subject...having being involved with BPG Events over the past 3 years we have suggested to the Q16 S8 guys "how about 1/8 mile" the resounding answer was no...you cannot make everyone happy...you have to cater to the majority....that is what make an event a success and as far as I can tell it was...it is a learning experience...you cannot get everything right the first time...hats off to everyone...from the vendors to participants to the Racers...I know Shane and I had a few PM's about the event....as far as bashing each other...that does not work...all the EVENTS need to get along with each other as you can see with the BPG and the GSCA....we need to all get along to promote Buick's....that is the bottom line...we are step children in the Muscle Car Community and this crap does not help....IMHO

Otto, I wish we could have been there at the same time as I had a few things I wanted to talk to you about. I will give you a call in the next couple of weeks.

See ya, Kip

Otto, I wish we could have been there at the same time as I had a few things I wanted to talk to you about. I will give you a call in the next couple of weeks.

See ya, Kip
I wanted to stay but had some pressing issues at the shop to take care of. I am the only one that touches or does anywork to the vehicles I bring in and this is how I like it.
BG is not to far away if we don't catch up sooner.

...as far as bashing each other...that does not work...all the EVENTS need to get along with each other as you can see with the BPG and the GSCA....we need to all get along to promote Buick's....that is the bottom line...we are step children in the Muscle Car Community and this crap does not help....IMHO

Man you hit the nail on the head right there. I try to make it to most of the Buick races each year just to show support. I think I am learning that some event promoters due not care what it takes for a person to make these kind of trips.

Hope to see you in Columbus, Kip

Shane and others busted their arse to make this happen...have I heard of some flaws yes...but they stuck their neck out and still made it happen...also heard some kudos more positive than negative...am sure that next year will be better....Rome was not built in a day...

I think I am learning that some event promoters due not care what it takes for a person to make these kind of trips.

Most do. This is why they offer the big payouts to help reward the racers for their sacrifice. This is one of the reasons why I offered to put money in the THS class since nobody else was willing to reward the racers for their sacrifices.
I don't think you realize what it takes to put on a NATIONAL event. trust me, it's nothing like your "Winternational's"

Sorry someone told you the wrong story.

I actually came to help with THS. Which I did (lining up cars, handing out throphies, good bags etc). If I came to vend I would have got a vendor spot with the rest of them. I was looking to sell some parts that were laying around looking for some gas money. I never brought this up as a problem on the board, you started talking about it here. I just tried to set the record straight. I did not need to talk to you about it or I would have. Seems you could have rode your golf cart over to me if you thought we should talk about it.
As for walking past you three time that is incorrect also as I went to find Paul Ferry from HRparts and he was in a deep conversation with the Metco guy (I do not know his name) and I waited there for a least 10 minutes for them to get done so me and Paul could speak. Either of them should be able to confirm this.

Hope everyone has a nice day, Kip

You know what Kip... I will be man enough to apologize for my "azz" comment yesterday, I apologize...

Now, I was told you came in and said you wouldn't pay the fee. I was told you said you were packing up to go home. I SAW YOUR GUYS LOADING UP THE TRUCK! So you must have had some intention on leaving...

I was told shortly there after that one of the guys from excessive acceleration came over and APOLOGIZED for the WAY YOU ACTED and paid the fee...

If I was giving wrong information I apologize, but I don't think so...

You appeared to be blowed up about the situation. You walked right passed me several times and did not speak. You have always spoken before why not then, could it have been because you were pissed?

Now you go on a several post tirade and claim you don't understand how you bring DRAMA to a situation? Take time to go back and read all your posts in this thread...

Why did you go to name dropping? You brought people's name into this conversation that have nothing to do our dispute here... That would be another example of you bringing DRAMA to a situation...

I will be the bigger man and not draw others in to make me look important...

Anyone can go back into the archives and see your routine... This THS thing really brings it out in you... Your questions always seem to try to set up another series of questions to follow...

I wouldn't hurt the THS guys be removing the forum, that was never mentioned so why bring it up? I brought the forum up to show you I had no problem with you or the class...

In closing, I feel you showed your true colors with all these posts... I know what I heard and I know what I saw. You can paint the colors anyway you wish... The truth is the truth...

Everybody there worked there butt off for this event and it seems all you could contribute was is in the complaint department... For everything you "heard" I guarantee you I "heard" twice as much about you...

I worked my butt off for this place, the community and for the event... You showed up and have been the only problem I have had... If you can't see this I am sorry...

Your very first comment was unnecessary and this would not be an issue had you not gone negative in the first place...

Not trying to be in a pissing contest here... I felt it was a must to address the comment... Now both sides are out in the public, I don't try to hide anything... From this point on though, walk lightly as I have about had my limit of you... Any man will not put up but with so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.