Did the TurboBuick.com Nationals convert any 1/4m to 1/8m folks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But at least you were there Jason... ;)

well I was thinking of it in YOUR class BUT you started off with a simple class... run what ya brung BUT ya have to be on street tires.. that was suppose to be the equalizer as long as ya met the weight . would have been a good class.. BUT then came the nit picking away at the rules and more rules drivin guys outta the class. oh well good luck next year:cool:

well we like to beat our cars !! That why we built em! game isn't over @ the 1/8th :eek: nothing like a top end "pull" :biggrin: as far as breaking them .. they are all goin to break at some time. Don't want to break things leave it home as a garage potatoe :p

Dan, wish you could have made it. regardless of track distance everyone had a great time...

Personally I like to watch 1/8 mile racing over 1/4 mile.

low attention span ?? :p

Dan, wish you could have made it. regardless of track distance everyone had a great time...

well we ended up on Florida for a few weeks . Ended up at a NMRA event. Thank God you guys didn't have it the week before !!! Damm did it rain!! Rich sure does have a nice set up !! :cool:

Its not so much of trying to convert someone from 1/4 to 1/8th. It has mostly to do with the cost factor, how do we make a successful event and it not have to charge huge fees to the consumer and make it work?? I remember last year at BG I wanted to make a time run and it ended up costing me like 75 bucks to do so. We want the racers to have a great time with a minimal cost to you and still be able to produce great payouts. Not an easy task to say the least. For where we are located and being able to have someone such as Richard Clark to allow us to use his facility our setup is nearly perfect, The facility at Piedmont Dragway is very nice and clean, Jim Turner and his staff were very professional and was willing to work with us to also make this event a success. From a business standpoint we are in a very good position to grow in the future. We don't do this for us, we do this for you. We had a good turnout for the first ever event and we feel it will continue to grow and prosper in the future...

Perhaps "convert" was the wrong term to use in the title. I guess I was wondering if any of the regular 1/4 mile guys left with a different outlook/feeling about 1/8 mile racing, particularly any first timers.

well I was thinking of it in YOUR class BUT you started off with a simple class... run what ya brung BUT ya have to be on street tires.. that was suppose to be the equalizer as long as ya met the weight . would have been a good class.. BUT then came the nit picking away at the rules and more rules drivin guys outta the class. oh well good luck next year:cool:
Nit picking??? Driving guy's out of the class??? No one class fits everyone, you should know that by now....

TSR had 4 registered entrants including myself but a higher payout in TAI convinced some to move over to that class instead and knocked TSR out of running. Why they didn't want to run both classes and a chance to take home even More money is beyond me!! Now that the class didn't run I have time to tweek the rules alittle better for next time. The first rule that will be adressed will be the front sway bar rule and then I will be looking over the entire TSR tread and seeing what else others wanted or didn't want and making changes accordingly. It sure would be nice to finally see you at an event running a car... Look forward to finally meeting you Dan.

Scot W.

For all the 1/4 milers, come run the 1/4 on a 1/8 mile track will help you pick up the parts

Perhaps "convert" was the wrong term to use in the title. I guess I was wondering if any of the regular 1/4 mile guys left with a different outlook/feeling about 1/8 mile racing, particularly any first timers.

I've run both and yes you can get away with less breakage on the 1/8th mile tracks and it becomes more of a driver's race at that point cause it is hard to catch someone if they cut a good light and run close to your time.. Less distance to catch them even if you are faster.

TSR had 4 registered entrants including myself but a higher payout in TAI convinced some to move over to that class instead and knocked TSR out of running. Why they didn't want to run both classes and a chance to take home even More money is beyond me!!

Scot W.

Scot, this is the exact reason I mentioned running TSR and some of the other classess on Friday. That way more people would have double dipped. But the "powers that be" would not have it. I truely believe you would have had at least a 6-8 car field if run on Friday.

BTW your wheels look killer on your car.

See ya, Kip

Great time!

I had a great time meeting and watching the bigger names in the Buick community. As mentioned many times, almost evrey knowledgeable well known racer I met was very personable and helpful if needed. Brian at Gbody and Nick from Arizona Gn were two great guys I had the chance to meet, it may be a little easier now to "spend" wit a face! thanks for everyone one involved, I had a great time, and a good excuse to get out of Florida. Hope to see you all and more at future events. John (clusolynn):cool:

I didn't get to attend this even, but for my $.02, I like the 1/8 mile. That's just what I'm used to though. Most of the tracks near me are 1/8 mile. Not really worth the 2 hour drive most of the time for me.

Hope everyone that did attend had a great time.

Scot, this is the exact reason I mentioned running TSR and some of the other classess on Friday. That way more people would have double dipped. But the "powers that be" would not have it. I truely believe you would have had at least a 6-8 car field if run on Friday.

See ya, Kip

What are you talking about? The "powers that be" was me... I was told by SCOT the RR of the class that there weren't enough cars...

The only problem we had ALL WEEK was you strolling in and showing your azz...

Everyone else might walk on egg shells with you but I am not...

If you have or had a problem with me you had many opportunities to approach me. I think it is pitiful that you wait to come home to a keyboard to make a smart remark...

I really don't understand why you have to bring drama to everything you step into...

If you have a problem lets settle it right here right now...

What are you talking about? The "powers that be" was me... I was told by SCOT the RR of the class that there weren't enough cars...

The only problem we had ALL WEEK was you strolling in and showing your azz...

Everyone else might walk on egg shells with you but I am not...

If you have or had a problem with me you had many opportunities to approach me. I think it is pitiful that you wait to come home to a keyboard to make a smart remark...

I really don't understand why you have to bring drama to everything you step into...

If you have a problem lets settle it right here right now...

Shane, if you would take the time to look into something before firing off you might understand my comment. Use the search function under my name to see my posts then find where I suggested running some of the classes on Friday and others on Saturday. Clint answered and said NO. Now that lead me to beleive he made that decision. So why would I come to you with this as it was handled before we got there? BTW I see my comment as being true not "smart" as you say.

How did I show my azz?
How do I bring drama to everything?
Who walks on egg shells with me?

Looking forward to these answers.

See ya, Kip

Shane, if you would take the time to look into something before firing off you might understand my comment. Use the search function under my name to see my posts then find where I suggested running some of the classes on Friday and others on Saturday. Clint answered and said NO. Now that lead me to beleive he made that decision. So why would I come to you with this as it was handled before we got there? BTW I see my comment as being true not "smart" as you say.

How did I show my azz?
How do I bring drama to everything?
Who walks on egg shells with me?

Looking forward to these answers.

See ya, Kip

People were encouraged to run multiple classes, that was the point. We ran 2 with my car. Would have ran more with it too if things worked out correctly. Again the point of the entire event was for folks to come out and run multiple classes and have lots of fun.

I was told you didn't want to pay the swap meet fee and set you would pack up and go home... Clint said fine, pack up... He checked with me, I said yea tell him to pack up then... Everyone else paid the nominal fee. I was told you made a comment about low car count...

Several people were aware of what was going on. Thankfully someone from your group came over and everything was handled, no problem...

Everyone knows that your posts in various threads always leads to drama... You seem to have a problem with certain people and cant' let it go... Maybe I am wrong, I try to ignore the crap...

However when you have bunches of people that don't even know each other telling you the exact same thing there is probably truth in it somewhere...

The egg shell comment, goes back to the above comments as well. You seem to pick at certain things said to twist it towards your desired outcome...

I just find it hard to believe that you had to insert that comment about the "powers that be."

You approached me about making a forum on T6P for your new class and what I thought of the rules. I said it sounded great and opened up the forum. Even opened one on here for you...

So for you to come and make that comment, knowing you didn't even talk to Scot, just seemed very inappropriate IMO... If you want to run a successful class that has members outside of your group you are going to have to chill...

People were encouraged to run multiple classes, that was the point. We ran 2 with my car. Would have ran more with it too if things worked out correctly. Again the point of the entire event was for folks to come out and run multiple classes and have lots of fun.

Exactly my point. Run the classes spread out on two days and watch more people race in multiple classes.

Kip

I was told you didn't want to pay the swap meet fee and set you would pack up and go home... Clint said fine, pack up... He checked with me, I said yea tell him to pack up then... Everyone else paid the nominal fee. I was told you made a comment about low car count...

Several people were aware of what was going on. Thankfully someone from your group came over and everything was handled, no problem...

No I did not like the idea of having to pay a fee for selling some parts out of our pit area. Never have had to at any other Buick or other race I have ever been to. I will not bore you by listing all of the events. When Richard Clark came by and visited he thought that was not right also, please check with him as we had a long conversation about it.
Your comment that everyone paid it might not be accurate, sure about that?
I talked to alot of people and many were unhappy about it.
Never once did I say I would pack up and go home. I had just spent 10 hrs drive time to get there. I moved a family vacation back by a couple days just to be there, rethinking that decision now thats for sure. Again never said I was going home, check your source.
If you really would have thought that a group of guys were packingup to go home and the buck stops with you I would think you would have come by to
check on things for your self.
On the low car comment, it was made by me to Clint after he came in the trailer and said "I need my money" I said we are not set up in the vendor area or the swap meet arera and the low car count may not make it worth paying. The fee was $50 which got paid and I sold $80 in parts. Kinda went backward there.

more later, Kip

No I did not like the idea of having to pay a fee for selling some parts out of our pit area. Never have had to at any other Buick or other race I have ever been to. I will not bore you by listing all of the events. When Richard Clark came by and visited he thought that was not right also, please check with him as we had a long conversation about it.
Your comment that everyone paid it might not be accurate, sure about that?
I talked to alot of people and many were unhappy about it.
Never once did I say I would pack up and go home. I had just spent 10 hrs drive time to get there. I moved a family vacation back by a couple days just to be there, rethinking that decision now thats for sure. Again never said I was going home, check your source.
If you really would have thought that a group of guys were packingup to go home and the buck stops with you I would think you would have come by to
check on things for your self.
On the low car comment, it was made by me to Clint after he came in the trailer and said "I need my money" I said we are not set up in the vendor area or the swap meet arera and the low car count may not make it worth paying. The fee was $50 which got paid and I sold $80 in parts. Kinda went backward there.

more later, Kip

Hmmm, not the same story I heard.

I didn't hear anyone else complain about it. I thought you came to race a class, not sale parts.

You walked by me 3 times with in minuites of this happening, I was speaking with others but it was a perfect oppurtonitty to talk if there was a problem. That was the point of my posts. Why not talk to me there instead of coming back to do it on a keyboard?

Everyone knows that your posts in various threads always leads to drama... You seem to have a problem with certain people and cant' let it go... Maybe I am wrong, I try to ignore the crap...

However when you have bunches of people that don't even know each other telling you the exact same thing there is probably truth in it somewhere...

The egg shell comment, goes back to the above comments as well. You seem to pick at certain things said to twist it towards your desired outcome...

I just find it hard to believe that you had to insert that comment about the "powers that be."

How do my posts lead to drama? I ask questions from time to time, is that not allowed? Please put names with these people you think I have a problem with. Weird you bring that up as me and Jack Cotton had a conversation at Richard Clark's about how people need let things go and how all the bs just hurts what should be all of our common causes.

Please name these bunches of people so we can get this cleared up.
Also examples of the twisting would be great.
Yes I said the powersthat be and was refering to Clint as he is the one who answered my post.

on to next post, Kip

Status
Not open for further replies.