crappy mph???

1kwick6

went to pinks and my mph isn't where it should be.

60' 1.581

1/8 7.22 94.4
1/4 11.49 113.7

shouldn't mph be more than this? car still feels like its pulling, but just not getting mph. Te-44 with 24lbs of boost, motor is un-opened other than springs and timing chain replacement with 165k miles.

Hmmm, I dunno. My combo with a crappy 1.8 60' ran an 11.58@120, so with your 60' your mph might be ok.

60' 1.581

1/8 7.22 94.4
1/4 11.49 113.7

shouldn't mph be more than this? car still feels like its pulling, but just not getting mph. Te-44 with 24lbs of boost, motor is un-opened other than springs and timing chain replacement with 165k miles.

What kind of converter? It could be hurting you mph?

60' 1.581

1/8 7.22 94.4
1/4 11.49 113.7

Your MPH and ET are right on. In my Monza i went 11.03 @119.

convertor is 12" orange stripe, yes there was a headwind car was danceing in the front end ; i bet a faster car could really feel the wind.

Well im gonna say that the mph is way off...... with a 94.4 mph in the 1/8th, you should at least gain 21-22 mph unlocked. That would put u in the 115-116 range. Locked the car should be very close to 120. Something is off up top for sure. still a very good ET and 1/8th mph. find out what is causing the car to stop pulling and high 11.30s should be doable.

Thats what im in the process of doing,seems like every post i read i look at peoples sig and most have ported heads and a cam, could this have anything to do with it???

stock heads and cam should still be able to hit 114-116 fairly easy and 116-117 locked up in the 1/4 especially since you have such a strong 1/8 mph. Its a tune issue imo. Do you have any scan tool data? 02s? knock? rpm at the end of the 1/4?

I'd say for what you've done with the car so far it's right on. Your 60's are excellent and the MPH is close to where you need to be. Lock up the converter and pick up a few MPH maby a tenth or two off as well.

Relax.. your ahead of most with less parts!

~Scott

With 275/60's TA49 and stock longblock, my car went 11.53@118, but this was TC locked without a headwind.

You will likely pick up 3 mph locking the converter with stock unported heads, which would put you at 116+ which is about right. Lose the headwind and I would expect 118-119 from your car.

Forgot to mention o2's 699 kr 1.2@.99 mph fp 46psi car likes 46 have gone up and down but always end back up at 46, sorry no rpm's only have a scanmaster for now!!

Just my Guess but your running out of fuel that was my cars problem when I went 1.60 60ft (Dont know 1/8th off the top of my head lol) and 11.55 @ 114.2 MPH

When we checked the Direct scan fuel was the problem pump couldnt keep up with the 60lb inj. and 25 lbs of boost!

also when I got it home I found out my ALKY pump took a ****! Race gas saved my butt that day!

That was with the stock IC also :eek: so with the front mount there would have been more issues. I also had 1.1* of Knock!

My new set up will be with 0 knock and I mean that I will not tolorate any with an old beat to poop motor thats in the car right now lol

Is your fuel pump hot wired?? What pump?? Im moving to a Double pumper and bigger lines ( I know over kill for 10's but thats just me!)

Also would lock the converter in 3rd gear that will help the MPH some.

pump is hot wired to alt. walbro 340,scanmaster has pulse with option,did calculation and inj. should be about 86-87percnt duty cycle. pump is new last year,had problems with fuel when i installed new turbo.

Did you weigh the car?

My 168K mile car runs the same MPH on pump gas and alky. same timing.

Doesn't 60ft. as well either. ;)

I'd be happy enough at that boost and timing into a headwind unlocked. :smile:

My car weighs 3955lbs. raceweight though and runs at crappy L.V.D. in NY. :(

Always seems to be a headwind on the track rental days. :p

Just my .02.