What else do I need?

mike_stahl2000

Ok, I have a 87 GN that is mostly stock except the suspension. I'll start the list of what I have, and another of what I plan to buy. If y'all can fill in the gaps or know of any changes I should make, I would like to hear your input. I have a ported intake with block off plate, precision 65mm dog house, accufab polished 65mm TB, RJC power plate, LS-1 MAF with 3 1/2" plumbing and translator, TE-44 Bison built turbo, TPS-TEC, scanmaster 2.1, AEM fail safe, knock gauge, audible knock thingy, VDO trans temp and trans pressure gauges with console pod, moser girdle, UMI drive shaft loop. That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I am looking to get 60# injectors and a TT chip, Walbro 340 pump with hot wire kit, RJC 3" DP, comp cams 980 valve springs, accufab Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, PTC 10" 2800 LU converter, razors alky kit. And possible a new timing chain as I do not know if it was ever changed. My goal is to have the ability to run 11's. I think I'm off to a good start but could use a little guidance. Also planning to have bison rebuild my tranny during the less than desirable season if he has the time so it will hold up to all this. It's not a track car, street only. May see the track once in a blue moon. And I want to somewhat retail the stock look to the car. No FMIC's. I am hoping to find a precision extended SLIC used at some point. Any impute or debates are appreciated.

Rather than trans temp and pressure I prefer oil pressure and water temp. Ported intake is not going to buy you anything, neither is the throttle body and doghouse. You can throw away the tps-tec. Not a fan of Accufab regulators but maybe you'll get lucky. If you're having Bison do the trans, have him pick a converter. You can find a dutt neck intercooler used and that will get you by for a while as you spend on other stuff. Personally I would sell some of your hoard and get a Powerlogger, O2 wide band and TT6.1 chip but that's just me...

I would say sell the throttle body & plenum to someone that actually needs the extra flow and put the stockers back on, always heard going to big on these can slow you down or at least be less responsive.

Pronto is right. If you are dealing with Brian (Bison) then talk with him about your goals. Their is nobody better then him. End of this story!!!

Rather than trans temp and pressure I prefer oil pressure and water temp. Ported intake is not going to buy you anything, neither is the throttle body and doghouse. You can throw away the tps-tec. Not a fan of Accufab regulators but maybe you'll get lucky. If you're having Bison do the trans, have him pick a converter. You can find a dutt neck intercooler used and that will get you by for a while as you spend on other stuff. Personally I would sell some of your hoard and get a Powerlogger, O2 wide band and TT6.1 chip but that's just me...
I currently have the AVC gauge set in the dash which already has a boost, water temp, oil pressure, speedo, tach, and fuel gauge. Guess I should have mentioned that. This is the link to the wide band I currently have http://aemelectronics.com/products/gauges/failsafe-gauges/wideband-failsafe-gauge , are there different brands of power loggers? Or just the one that I always see? Thanks for the input on the chip, I had no clue which to go with. Main reason I got the hoard, was I plan on powder coating the parts. And wanted the ability to just swap it in a day than to have the car down for however long it takes the powder coat guys to do their thing. And figured I would just get something better than stock.

Ok, didn't know that the failsafe was also a wide band. That will work with the Powerlogger. The Powerlogger is a logging device specific to the TB. It allows you to log data and save it to review. I really like it for diagnosis of the tune and health of systems. It works with the stock ecm as a daughter board attached to the ecm.

Ok, didn't know that the failsafe was also a wide band. That will work with the Powerlogger. The Powerlogger is a logging device specific to the TB. It allows you to log data and save it to review. I really like it for diagnosis of the tune and health of systems. It works with the stock ecm as a daughter board attached to the ecm.
This is the one I was looking at http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=653 , are there others? I hoping to make my way down to see bison one of these weekends and get schooled.

Yes, it's available at other dealers like Full Throttle and Kirban's too.