Crank No Start

Boostin TA

Hey Guys, I need some help on this one. I had put my car on consignment last July to be sold and went to pick it up only to find that my batt was completly dead and now the car is dead in the water with a crank no start situation. I have a MAFTPRO installed and scanmaster. The scanmaster will only light for a second and then go out. The Maftpro I dont think is reading PCM data either as it shows no rpms when cranking the engine over. Pulled a plug wire off the coil and has no spark. I tried switching out a PROM chip but that didnt help. I did notice that the cooling fan relay looks melted. I also checked continuity from the pcm connector to the battery and apears good. I couldnt get a good enough connection to check from the connector to the pcm though. Any ideas on where I should start or what to look for?

Update, I found the maf after burn, and fuel pump relay also severly burned and melted. I dont think these would cause a no spark issue though. What do you guys think? I am going to try to locate these parts at napa, or does anyone have a good source for the GM connectors and relays?

Check the batt wire make sure you power to the ecm should be a orange wire check your fuses and is this with a fresh battery bud.

I have a fresh battery using to do testing, I have a new pigtail and fuel pump relay wired in, I do have B+ on the orange wire at the pcm. Upon further testing yesterday when turning the key i hear no fuel pump either, however when jumpering the relay I can energize the fuel pump but still no start due to no spark. I also noticed that none of the gauge lights come on for bulb check nor does the check eng light illuminate, however I think that bulb has been burnt out for a few years, or just has never worked. Any ideas on where to look from here? I will probably do some more pin testing out the pcm as I have a feeling the pcm may be bad but interested in seeing if anyone else has some ideas.

So all your fuses are good and ive seen ecm,s were the orange wire to the pin broke off in the connector before car had nothing as yours does so if all your grounds are good and fuses i would say ecm as well.

Well after some pin testing yesterday I am not getting the 5v ref signal at the aldl only .6v and 0v on the 5 volt ref at c14 pin, and also only .04v for the crank reference. At this time im ready to condem the pcm. Anyone know of the best place to locate one cheap?

Well I have a reman pcm installed and I know have the fuel pump being primed and energized but still crank no start. Also when the key is in the acc. position it does not have any power to the radio as well. Any ideas?

Check list. 1 you have fire 2 you have fuel pressure 3 do you have injector palse.Dose,nt the trans pro have a no start setting.Maybe something went back to its factory setting when the battery went dead. crank sensor or cam sensor or the wires going to you starter have fuseable links you will have to ohm both sides.Do you have a mass air flow sensor as if so unplug it and try to start the car.If you dont live to far towe it over here bud ill fix for you ive had the trans pro in my old TSM race car ran some 9s with it cool tuning tool.1 more thing to check control module.

Boostin TA said:
.... it shows no rpms when cranking the engine over. Pulled a plug wire off the coil and has no spark.

Sounds like VATS is enabled, as it will disable your injectors from pulsing....

crank sensor test and cam sensor test with a ohm meter your local parts store should be able to test your control mod advance auto parts