Couple of Questions

WUTSAV8

What is applied during the 2-3 shift?

I'm noticing it seems to be fading in strength and could be related to my trans problems.

How much does a Trans PSI Gauge run for nowadays?

Second gear is a combination of the Forward Clutch and the Intermediate Band. The third gear shift occurs when the Direct Clutch is applied while the Intermediate Band is simultaneously released. The timing of these events is crucial to shift quality.

A pressure gauge shouldn't set you back that much. Go to a hydraulic supply house and get a 0-300 psi gauge, 12 ft of appropriate hose and a 1/8-pipe swivel fitting on the end.

Pressure Gauges

We have them ready to go. Liquid filled with all necessary fittings. Comes as a kit. $79.99 and you have forever. Nice rubber coated gauge for shock....... hose is hi psi hydraulic hose and ready to ship. I normally don't post prices but if it makes it easier for all of us to diagnois , This is a good thing. :)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSnctb.com

GIVE BRUCE A CALL. I GOT HIS GUAGE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. FOUND OUT MY PRESSURES WERE CRAP. THANKS TO A SMALL INVESTMENT I'VE GOT MY TRANS SHOP BY THE #$@@ AND THEY ARE FIXING IT. I DON'T THINK THEY WERE TO HAPPY THAT I KNEW WHAT MY PRESSURES WERE AND THAT THEY WEREN'T APPROPRIATE FOR EVEN A STOCK 2004R BUT THAT'S THE BREAK.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A HAPPY AND HEALTHY HOLIDAY.

From a prior post......

Transmission Test Gauges
I never do this but in the last week I have had dozens of calls asking for test gauges. Until now I have directed them to a local supply house but people are still having trouble finding.
So today , at the request of a customer, I went ahead and put together a kit.

Included are:

1) 1/8th pipe 90 degree to #4an fitting. this is what attaches to the port on trans. We send a cap so when you are done you do not have to unscrew from case , just cap.

2) 0-400 PSI liquid filled precise gauge with a gauge "condom" which prevents damage if dropped.

3) 5.5 ft of 2500 psi metal wire inserted hydraulic hose. Go ahead , leave on header.........no prob.

4) Imperial Eastman crimped #4an swivel fitting. Makes hook up a clean and easy task.

Pic is in the attachment

$79.99 .... (+ freight)
Introductory offer. Only made up 5
Can make up more.
Ideal kit, and it is EXACTLY what you need to perform tests , both reliably and precise.

I'm going against my creed here but it is not my product and too many people seem to have a need, and have been calling asking for these. This, I think, will help all diagnois their problems, whoever they are dealing with.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Last edited by WE4 on August 18th, 2001 at 12:27 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

August 18th, 2001 12:21 AM

Attachments

• testgauge3.jpg
    testgauge3.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 98