couple buick questions

6-b-kwik

getting back in it
on my 87 the turbo boost guage quite working the factory one? is this a hard fix? i have one on A pillar but i want stock one to work also.... i know when u start these cars on scanmaster it says 0.02 well mine been 0.09 is this a concern and car hasent been ideling right just crusing it stays at 1500 it used to be 1000??? im lost..i hate this car more and more and more everyday i really need someone who knows what they are doing to look at it before i sell :confused: thxs greg

jcturbo bought new plugs today hope to do next weekend will let u know!

Take the hose from where it plugs into the map and apply some 10 or so pounds of air pressure and see if the turbo lights light up. Also check all these lines for leaks because a vac leak would also cause your idling problem. Don't give up it sounds like you've got some real minor problems. :D

also i run 110 leadead all the time is your oil suppost to get funny looking a lil thxs greg

im trying not to give up some of these are minor but my car also pops at high boost also either fuel or spark? bought ne spark plugs today gonna go from there

When you start the car, should read 2.0 or 2.1 not .02 you been drinking?

Just kidding
BW

Did the gauge used to work? Did it quit at the same time you did something else? Just make sure the hose is hooked up to the MAP sensor (passenger side inner fender), and make sure the connector is on and tight. Wouldnt hurt to pop that connector off and make sure there is no corrosion on the pins. Did you hook the pillar gauge up?
As for dealing with a problematic GN, I know where you're coming from. I typed up a list of all the things Ive already fixed, and it took 2 pages! I still have to rebuild my front end, drop my tank and replace the pump and do a hotwire, get new shocks, new brakes, new accumulator or new brake motor, full exhaust cause the prior owner welded every stock piece together and something is clogged up (so much backpressure it pushed a section of the copper turbo collector gasket out...and the flange isnt even warped!), need a new radiator, need to pull off my intake and replace the gaskets, get a new steering column and a new steering wheel and hub, replace my wheel bearings in the front, get my tranny fixed (no lockup), and send out a 9-11 converter I have to get fixed, and install that, do something about all the surface rust all over the front clip and frame, get my passenger side door fixed (bondo cracking open), and hopefully find someone who will repaint just one side of the car and get it to match, cause there is filler cracking open all over the place on that side, fix my power antenna...and there is more. I paid 12k for the car, not including the 600 it costed just to get a new title and get it registered... and it barely ran when I got it. Its got alot of miles on it, and I found out the speedo was disconnected since 1994 cause the cable needed to be greased (that prior owner deserves a few gunshot wounds for what he did to this thing). God only knows how many miles are really on it. It got 8mpg and it had more problems than you can imagine, and it was my daily driver that I have to drive 35 miles each way to work and back. I dont have much money at all to throw at this car, and its my only car, so Ive had quite a challenge dealing with this thing. If Im not giving up, neither can you! :biggrin: Take heart and dont give up. These cars are special and deserve the best we can offer.