Copper RTV for turbo

Any experience with the Remflex gaskets? I have a set of TA's ready to go on and am looking forward to having no leaks, for the first time EVER. RTV never sealed my stock headers for long, planed flat and all.

Ive been useing red rtv for quite some time now. It works for me on these cars, trucks, heavy equipment, etc..

wow,great info Dave,ive never thought about gaskets creating warp before,makes sence.....thanks for the input.

When I pulled the turbo off there was a copper gasket in there from one of the previous owners so there is a pretty good chance I will have to re-flatten those surfaces based on what Dave said.

I can see the copper gasket warping the head, but I have been using a graphite Turbo Riv gasket that is avaliable on specialadditions.com and works perfect. It will NOT warp the header, have been using one for about 7 years, and header surface is as flat as paper....:wink:

If you overtighten a flange then you are asking for warping.
The the LC2 turbo to header connection didnt have a gasket from the factory.

IMO the heating and cooling over time, thin flanges, poor metalurgy, and overtightening contributes to this more than "Gaskets".

I have worked on countless exh to turbo connections in comm and industrial applications from small to large displacement engines.

They have a gasket from the manifold/header to turbo from the factory.

Guess Cat, Cummins, Scania, Waukesha, Detroit, New Holland, etc are wrong.