copper head gasket ??

1320n10

Do the copper gaskets have to be retorqued often. I am just trying to decide between steel shim/cometcs or the new ics titans when they come out.

I use SCE copper head gaskets and have not needed to retorque, some silicone around the coolant ports is all I do.

I think you will like them!

I would like to know about the SCE. The new titan's look good. My question is what thickness gasket do you use? Have you used the Titans?

Walt,
I just checked out a set of Titans out. There is nothing special about them other than the silicone around the water passages and other areas. If theres a big difference in price(titans vs plains) and you are dead set on coppers i would use the plain ones.

OH BTW
the car looks great !!!!
:D ;)

Louie the ics (internal combustion seal) titan is a different gasket that is not out yet for the buick. It does not require o- rings in the block. If is works as well as the sce tech rep. says it does you will be moving the weak link south of the gaskets. He said they made 50 plus pulls on a kenny d. small block with 38 to 42 psi and 1833 hp with no problems.

Well now Im confused because the set I just saw were labeled as Titan gaskets. Ill have to take a pic and show you. Unless there are 2 different Titan Buick gaskets.

Louie the titan is the self sealing gasket that still requires a o-ringed block and receiver grooves are recomended in the heads.The ics titan has the o-ring in the gasket and does not require machine work to the block or heads. I have been told they will be out late jan. or early feb.

Yeah i talked to Steve at SCE and the ICS Titan sounds very nice. But they will be a bit pricey at $205 a set. :cool: Frank

That's really not too bad if you consider all that's involved in changing out a head gasket. Intake gaskets, TTY bolts if you still use them, anti-freeze, oil and filter, exhaust gaskets, labor. I sure hope these Titans solve some issues for us TR guys. Brian