cooling fan resistor?

Guys,
after checking here and there (together with Anthony P.), we have found out that maybe it is not the most optimum way to go with the stock looking resistor from TT Electronics (sorry purists...). Especially that there is cheap cheap cheap alternative solution to the original resistor, and that should work even better (mainly due to the aluminum radiator). First the parameters:
- power 50 Watt
- accuracy 5%
- resistance 0,33 Ohm

I was able to order such resistor for approx $1.8 here in Poland (Allegro - a kind of Ebay, very popular here).

Attached pictures showing the whole job for the cooling fan I did (including resistor replacement), and the PDF data sheet for that aluminum item (please note: it is not the same resistor and so neither the data sheet, as in the previous posts above).
Movie here:

It is not the way of course for someone who wants to have a stock car, but it will do the job for all others - I hope.

One more thing - try to install the resistor in a similar way to the original, so the air flow from the fan will cool it down.
How can I purchase one of these?

We always used Newark in the Electronics Lab at GM , so I go there first when checking for components but amazon works !!

How can I purchase one of these?
Glad you're able to work through the now missing pics and data in this thread to find a solution. And a 2-fer at that from Amazon. At least George's youtube video link for this project is still live. this was another fun project to collaborate on.

below is the spec sheet for the OEM cooling fan resistor. the previous upload of the spec sheet and resistor pic in post #3 is a dead link now since attachments were lost. Echoes what George noted in post #13 and his attachments in post #3.

And the wiring pigtail can be purchased from Casper's - part # 108032

Attachments

• radiator fan resistor.jpg
    radiator fan resistor.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Radiator fan resistor_OEM.pdf
    757.2 KB · Views: 20