Converted To Turbo LS. Does it hurt value?

Do what? JW's car is factory production iron 109 in the 8's....with two less cylinders and more than 100 cubic inches less than your average LS....

I just dont think you understand my point...any v8 to me SHOULD make good power especially one that is decades newer with perfect head design and decent displacement...im not suprised LS' do what they do it just doesnt impress me....to me it takes more knowledge and skill to take a old outdated 6 cylinder (or even 4 cylinder in my case) and make it handle 200 horespower per cylinder....that is the stuff of legend which is what a turbo buick is....the stuff of legend...every one knows what a grand national is....and it dam sure aint cause everyone has one....to each there own but at this point I expect every ls to make 2000 hp and when they dont given the advantages they have im disappointed and surely not impressed...

Last edited:
but constantly replacing shit your blowing up and spending way to much money on outdated shit takes more "knowledge and skill" in your eyes.

ill take the ls and not need the crutch of alky, or go out and have to spend alot more money on heads cam intake etc etc and make more power then 90 percent of 109s on stock shit.

i went down the 109 path and it sucked dick.

youre giving me a headache.

it has nothing to do with any of that shit you just mentioned, just because i choose the more efficient route of going fast doest mean i dont know what im doing or dont have the money to spend, but to you thats against your retarded code you have.

question how fast is your 109 in your sig? how much do you have into it?

I'm going to start sending you money...obviously no one here knows anything. Sure glad you stopped by.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

meaclez just edit your sig and take the turbo 6 out....and ignore my comments...im with you guys now! lets just cut up and rip apart all the vin coded cars so there are none left and we can all have LS1's that we could have built out of dime a dozen monte carlos! YAAAAYYYYY! Thats the way I want to see all these cars go!

Fucking ignorant....

Build a racecar out of normal cheap not rare shit if going fast is all its about.

These cars are not that rare, hell if you want to talk rare then I have the best t-type, its a hot air!

Thats why they aren't that valuable, they will never be like a 1971 Cuda, or 454 LS6 chevelle. But I do love them and want them to be treated right and taken care of. If they were really that rare then most people wouldn't even mod them, to keep them original.

These cars are not that rare, hell if you want to talk rare then I have the best t-type, its a hot air!

Thats why they aren't that valuable, they will never be like a 1971 Cuda, or 454 LS6 chevelle. But I do love them and want them to be treated right and taken care of. If they were really that rare then most people wouldn't even mod them, to keep them original.

Which is why its so easy to find affordable clean examples cause they are everywhere right?

Lmao

You guys are just blind but its ok the less there are left the more the clean ones not cut up will be worth...

we are not talking about rust free shelby daytonas for 2 grand....

these are one of the last american icon cars regardless of your denial

meaclez just edit your sig and take the turbo 6 out....and ignore my comments...im with you guys now! lets just cut up and rip apart all the vin coded cars so there are none left and we can all have LS1's that we could have built out of dime a dozen monte carlos! YAAAAYYYYY! Thats the way I want to see all these cars go!

Fucking ignorant....

Build a racecar out of normal cheap not rare shit if going fast is all its about.

you dont even know the condition or anything of my grand national when i bought it, so shut your fucking mouth your annoying, where the fuck did i cut the car up exactly? can you tell me? I weighed the pros and cons of the shitty v6 vs turbo ls, and LSX won easily, not to mention the ratio of show car/ sitting the in the garage to drag race/strip GN's is staggering, so your whole rant is so pointless and archaic. Another thing anything CLEAN or low miles is never cheap, hell a clean foxbody mustang can fetch the same amount of money as most Grand nationals posted in the forsale section on this site.

one more thing...YOU DONT EVEN OWN A REAL GRAND NATIONAL. and your making these bitches abouts guys swapping and destorying GNs.. what a nut hugger..go buy one yourself and let it sit in your garage for the next 25 years. fucking tool.

i went down the 109 path and it sucked dick.

Then why come to a board that is (mostly) about 109 cars and start a whizzing contest with guys that are into them?

You're certainly entiled to your opinion but it isn't as if you're going to change the minds of the guys that want to stay true to the cars.

You're just banging your head against a wall, a wall that won't fall down anytime soon. I don't get it.

Last edited:
one more thing...YOU DONT EVEN OWN A REAL GRAND NATIONAL. and your making these bitches abouts guys swapping and destorying GNs.. what a nut hugger.

Perhaps you are unaware that his 87 TR W02 is more rare that a GN?

Check my sig, mine's a 10.2 street car on 21 lbs of boost with alot more in it but, as usual, before I can prove it out I get asked to leave because I haven't got a rollbar.

No, it's not a GN but it's sure as hell in the club. Nut Hugger, I don't think so.

Then why come to a board that is (mostly) about 109 cars and start a whizzing contest with guys that are into them?

You're certainly entiled to your opinion but it isn't as if you're going to change the minds of the guys that want to stay true to the cars.

You're just banging your head against a wall, a wall that won't fall down anytime soon. I don't get it.

im not going around talking down to guys who put time and effort into 109 builds am i? calling people unknowledgeable, poor, or "f$cking ignorant" certainly not. i wasnt unaware his car is more rare nor do i care that it is, but now that i do should i just shove posts down his throat about how i think its wrong his modded such a rare car and make attempts to belittle him for it?

ive been dealing with this type of thing about doing what i want to my own car for years every since a random older man came over to me at a car show and litterally started yelling at me for putting a roll cage in the car. that was 7 years ago im almost 30 now. so i dont put up with people like gtrfede anymore

Perhaps you are unaware that his 87 TR W02 is more rare that a GN?

Check my sig, mine's a 10.2 street car on 21 lbs of boost with alot more in it but, as usual, before I can prove it out I get asked to leave because I haven't got a rollbar.

No, it's not a GN but it's sure as hell in the club. Nut Hugger, I don't think so.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/ghtp_1202_1987_buick_gnx_to_hell_and_back/

hey you better go find where he lives and burn his house down for this! OMOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGM retard.

wow your defending taking out the 109 and you link me to an impressive gnx that has all the factory optioned core parts still installed....good job buddy....thanks for proving my point that some people can invest the time and effort and make more power per cubic inch than majority of ls wagon "nutriders"

so i dont put up with people like gtrfede anymore

Look, I'm all for someone doing what makes them happy with their car, I might not care for it, but it's not my car so my opinion doesn't mean diddly. I'm an old guy, I can live with that.:p

However that wasn't my point.

If you don't want to "put up " with people like gtrfede, then don't go looking for them, that's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
I will say I apologize for putting so much ls swap "hate" into the thread being that its in a ls area of the board I just got a little passionate about it and this particular thread involved someone in the crossroads so I wanted to express my emotion on the topic.

That being said I will refrain from continuing

And gtfrede,

He said "retarded" and you countered with "fucking ignorant". Then it got ugly.

The kid has a point. Who are you to bombard him or anyone else with your opinion of what they should or shouldn't be able to do with their own car? Your passion and love for TR's is commendable but just as as in meaclez' case you can't stop others from doing what they will. You're old enough to know better and after all, this is TB.com, what ever happened to "going fast with class"?