Concert sound 5.25 depth?

cuda6pak

I've read on here that our cars equipped with the Concert Sound package have the 5.25 speakers on the front doors. I'm going to be putting in some nice 5.25 speakers in the hole with maybe some tweeters in place of the dash speakers (if they fit??), and dropping out the 4x10s in the back or disconnecting them. Of course this goes along with a new head unit, sub w/amp, and amp powering the speakers.

My question is that i've seen on here that there are 2.5" of depth for those 5.25 speakers. So does that mean I need to stay under 2.5"? The speakers I want are exactly 2.5" deep, would that be bad to have the magnet basically right against it? Should I look for maybe a little bit smaller, like a 2.38" depth?

Are there any modifications that need to be done to the metal in the door when adding a set of factory concert sound speaker door panels?

If you already had concert sound, no. If you did not have concert sound, yes. You have to make a hole for the woofer magnet to go through.
John

installing

If you already had concert sound, no. If you did not have concert sound, yes. You have to make a hole for the woofer magnet to go through.
John

i have some 5 1/4 speakers could i put the concertsound ii in them and how will i do that to get them to fit??

I found that you could go up to 6.5" if you used neodymium magnets, I chose Focal due to their excellent sound quality. The dash and rear-deck speakers are removed, all the upper-mids and treble come from a pair of horns under the dash.

I found that you could go up to 6.5" if you used neodymium magnets, I chose Focal due to their excellent sound quality. The dash and rear-deck speakers are removed, all the upper-mids and treble come from a pair of horns under the dash.
Does anyone have a picture of the concert sound w/ the door panel removed? Does anyone make a mounting basket for 6.5's. Putting Rockford punch's in the rear and door's. Any opinions?

Does anyone have a picture of the concert sound w/ the door panel removed? Does anyone make a mounting basket for 6.5's. Putting Rockford punch's in the rear and door's. Any opinions?

You dont have much room at all unfortunately.
Even using the shallowest 6.5" neodymium magnent mid-woofer I could find, we had to build out a new baffle board for it. See in the pcitures below. I blieve there is less than 2.5" depth, and even then, the magnet basket his the metal and window guide.

If you have a set of fosgate 6.5" mids, I'd recomend building something out.. one of the members here makes fiberglass lower door panels, I chose a different route to make it look at stock as possible.

Stock mid next to new focal neo-mid.
orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

So, I take it that maybe I should stick w/ the 51/4" speakers? I was told to just disconnect the dash speakers. These will be running through a 2000 Yukon stereo.