compound boost?

yeah right, the EMP will knock all the electronics out on newr diesels.
only thing running will be cars and trucks with points

my young friend, mechanical injection diesels will run on anything that will burn, like diesel fuel,, jet fuels,, gasoline mixtures,, used cooking oils,, alcohols,, oils pressed from plants, bushes, trees,, corn,, soy beans,, coal oil,, under water plant growth,, algea,, animal fats,, the list is endless!

course I hope it never comes to that!! NOW enough talk ,show us what you got, some pix or something?

. . . . but i find myself daydreaming about this set up at least once a day. dosent matter if im at work or boinking my girlfriend, this idea demands my attention. . . .

. . . . . . Its a lot cheaper to keep boinking your gf and daydreaming about it. Just make sure you use condoms every time!

Bison,
THAT my friend is some funny SH**!!! :D

Okay so it sounds like the experts are in this thread so how about this idea. You take a built engine (well say v6 for this arguement). You set it up for twin turbos and on one side you have a small turbo, smaller then stock tb's for instant spool. On the other side you run a huge (100mm) turbo for high boost and top end. Once the small turbo hits its limits the bigger turbo would start to come in and the smaller turbo would just have a wastegate to limit its output. Obviously its just a rough idea with general terms but would this make a decent street car that would also kill at the track? Feel free to chime in because I'm still learning...

already been done,with fair results,! fact is Cummins diesel had a factory compound engine back in late 80s, In-line 6

company in Austin tx., with lotsa money, and lotsa smart guys , on a Toyota Supra,2JZ, 6cyl. 3.4L.

they spent a long time just trying to tune it, on a chassis dyno and street runs, getting the big atmo. turb. and the small manifold turbo both with wastegates, to open and close or just regulate the flows, finally made around 1000 Whp. you should try setting up 2 (two) ECUs for computor control of the gates,in your spare time, then trying to get the damn computors to work with each other,, NOPE Alex you aint even close Yet!,, forget the mechanical piping & plumbing,thats the easy part.

but there back up car,a Toyota, with big single made,at a dyno shoot out in Houston, made 1400Whp, 3.4L.

Now the good part, the compund setup had much quicker spool on the street, so for street stuff,YEAH maybe OK,, but for all out drag or top end runs a big single still seems to be the answer.

and i personally would not like the idea of,on a V type motor, a big ,and a small, on seperate sides, one of them is gonna fight the other, or something WE havent even thought of YET!!

course maybe Alex will win the lotto, and show us all, i'll be waiting! haha.