Committment list for Noble 2009

Hey guys awesome job1;) I have never been to this even but really want to attend in 2010. What are the dates for 2010 or are they not confirmed yet?

I think the mustang in that race only ran a 14.01 at 98 mph (full throttle).:confused:

GMC cars won like 20 races. Lots of cars running in classes the they should not have been in and most of the races weren't even close. It was still fun being there.:rolleyes:

Sorry you couldn't make it, Mike. I hope you recover quickly and start racing your car again.

O yeah an 11.50's Buick picking on a 14 sec mustang.....I should have brought the lightning for that match.I would have wore my cap that said "I didn't come here to lose"!!!!:biggrin:

That was score 5 years ago. I think tonight was a little worse. My best guess is we have set upf or 92 races and we won 57 or 58 of those. I think we won 31 or 32 of the first 35 races.

Mike, you and Pat missed a great time. Sorry you didn't make it.

Phil Engle

Not that it matters but the tower did anounce 55 to 33.

My son won his race 99GS vs a white Fox body. The mudstain spun bad out of the hole and was quickly 2 links behind looking at the tail lamps of the GS. :) My son only had a 2.0 sixty ft so that tells you how bad the Stang was out of the hole. Geoff ran a 13.97 @ 98mph to his 13.99 @ 107mph.

And my Buick Rainier didn't make the cut :eek: :cool:

Not that it matters but the tower did anounce 55 to 33.

My son won his race 99GS vs a white Fox body. The mudstain spun bad out of the hole and was quickly 2 links behind looking at the tail lamps of the GS. :) My son only had a 2.0 sixty ft so that tells you how bad the Stang was out of the hole. Geoff ran a 13.97 @ 98mph to his 13.99 @ 107mph.

And my Buick Rainier didn't make the cut :eek: :cool:

Was his the car with the open exhaust? I watched that new style SC'd Buick smash out on that Mustang and I LMAO'd all the way to the pits. You know that Mustang driver had to be pissed. High 13s is good for one of those things too!

Dave: I didn't hear the announcement but the race ladder showed 92 pairings. The recounting and cross checking is being done and the official results should be released soon.

8URV8, not sure what your beef is, but you had no dog in this race or any other race for that matter. I didn't choose my opponent; he ran a qualifiying time that was good enough to match him against my time of 11.22. My actuator went to hell in my qualifiying run and I couldn't keep boost at reasonable levels at WOT so I pedalled the car for more than half the track, ran an 11.55 and should not have won. I have no idea what happened to the Mustang to cause him to run a 14.50 or if he was incorrectly placed in the ladder.

Phil Engle

Like I mention, there were many races like this one. That mustang had no business in the 11 second class. It was a stock 05 model with street tires. I'm not sure how these cars were being matched up but most weren't even close runs. I've attended the last 6 years and it has always been great racing, but this year it looked completely out of whack with the matchups.:confused:

Was his the car with the open exhaust? I watched that new style SC'd Buick smash out on that Mustang and I LMAO'd all the way to the pits. You know that Mustang driver had to be pissed. High 13s is good for one of those things too!

That would be the one! :eek::) The exhaust is loud but not open. 3inch DP, 3inch cat & 2/12 pipe straight back with no muffler.
He has gone 8.80's in the 1/8 with a sixty ft. in the 1.9's, (good for a FWD) so we were expecting 13.7's to 13.8's just couldn't get it to hook. Still not bad for 12-13lbs of boost with no IC and FWD. :)

To the guys that put on the event I mean no offense at all, but I was shocked at the amount of mathematical errors that were made for the pairings. I have two friends and one of my cars that broke in qualifying (yes our silver T blew the HGs all over the track and caused that long delay lol) yet they were still listed in the finals even though they let the tower know, and our 86 went 11.3 as its best pass but for the finals they took the 11.66 pass for pairings (worked out well though haha) Insane6's daughter took their stock 87 T down the track to a 13.88 in the 12th round (qualified with a 13.9) and was paired up against a turbo'd fox and luckily he had issues and she pulled it out. There just seemed to be more pairing errors than in years past. It was still a wonderful event and I will be back next year like always. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in for us to come up and have fun (A win is always nice as well:wink:) I can't wait for the results to be posted because I'd like to see what out silver T did on its one and only qualifying pass when it popped the HGs. Does anybody have any idea if I could see the whole time slip some how? The car was B552 and my friend didn't get a timeslip.

Shootout Rules

Just catching up on some of the later posts regarding ladder arrangement. Do some people still think we run "classes" ?? ALL parings are done in order of how that participant qualified. If a Team were to qualify all 8 second cars, the other Team would have to run whatever they got there with. Its a SHOOTOUT ! Line them up as they qualified and match the other Team's qualifiers. No attempt will be made to be "fair". Some will be sacrificed for the Team. Notice that we got there with more cars this time, and we only match the lowest total qualified. That allowed us to drop our slower cars from the ladder by having more, while they had to run all of theirs. This widened the gap and gave us an advantage in the beginning. This is the position that we are normally in when the Ford Team brings more cars. Victory is sweet------- Dick Walker, OKBuicks

Just catching up on some of the later posts regarding ladder arrangement. Do some people still think we run "classes" ?? ALL parings are done in order of how that participant qualified. If a Team were to qualify all 8 second cars, the other Team would have to run whatever they got there with. Its a SHOOTOUT ! Line them up as they qualified and match the other Team's qualifiers. No attempt will be made to be "fair". Some will be sacrificed for the Team. Notice that we got there with more cars this time, and we only match the lowest total qualified. That allowed us to drop our slower cars from the ladder by having more, while they had to run all of theirs. This widened the gap and gave us an advantage in the beginning. This is the position that we are normally in when the Ford Team brings more cars. Victory is sweet------- Dick Walker, OKBuicks

Dick, I understand how the pairings work. But when a 13.9 car gets paired up in the 12th group which at that point has been mostly 11 sec cars there was a mistake and talking to a few others, similar things happened to a few others as well(The tower guy was nice when we went and told him and admitted that a wrong number must have been keyed in. But enough of that, I don't want to take anything away from the event and how much fun it was. I had to recruit some drivers to drive our other two cars up there this year and I hope that it got them hooked enough to bring their cars next year and make it even bigger. We had a ton more 11 sec cars there this year which helped immensely in jumping out to a good lead (we always do) but this time we kept building upon it. Everybody I hung out with had a great time and as usual (well imo) the track prep was top notch and the density altitude was the best I will see all year lol.

Hey I was always wondering, for me and the fans watching, would it be possible to flash on the board the qualifying ET before each race? I can see why keeping it a secret is part of the fun but its always fun to see how close they get to their qualifying ET. It may end up causing more problems but it was just a thought

Like I mention, there were many races like this one. That mustang had no business in the 11 second class. It was a stock 05 model with street tires. I'm not sure how these cars were being matched up but most weren't even close runs. I've attended the last 6 years and it has always been great racing, but this year it looked completely out of whack with the matchups.:confused:

As Dick mentioned, there are no classes. The reason we were racing all the slow Fords was because there were a lot of good running Buicks this year, and we had a higher car count so our slower cars did not qualify to race. This means that Team Ford's slowest cars had to fight with cars that were quite a bit meaner than theirs were. I ran my LS1 to half track on the nitrous, then got on the brakes and slowed it down after the 1/8th mile. Well, when I got matched up with the yellow Mustang, I had lane choice, meaning I had a faster run with my 14.1 than he had done in qualifying. So I killed him.

That would be the one! :eek::) The exhaust is loud but not open. 3inch DP, 3inch cat & 2/12 pipe straight back with no muffler.
He has gone 8.80's in the 1/8 with a sixty ft. in the 1.9's, (good for a FWD) so we were expecting 13.7's to 13.8's just couldn't get it to hook. Still not bad for 12-13lbs of boost with no IC and FWD. :)

Good running car! It tickled me to see the 4 door granny car beat down a Mustang!

Insane6's daughter took their stock 87 T down the track to a 13.88 in the 12th round (qualified with a 13.9) and was paired up against a turbo'd fox and luckily he had issues and she pulled it out. There just seemed to be more pairing errors than in years past. It was still a wonderful event and I will be back next year like always. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in for us to come up and have fun (A win is always nice as well:wink:)

That guy was behind me in line in the lanes during qualifying, and he had trouble in qualifying also. His car didn't run a good time at all that day. I think I have a video of Insane6's daughter's race on youtube though.

AMEN! Couldn't have said it better, Dick. Thanks to you and the okbuicks for holding this event, we out of state guys had an AWESOME time as usual!

The 2010 Shootout will be held on October 16 at Thunder Valley.

I will be starting a new Commitment thread later today.

We hope that everyone who raced this year comes back in 2010 and you can bet that the Ford Team will be much stronger.

Phil Engle

We hope that everyone who raced this year comes back in 2010 and you can bet that the Ford Team will be much stronger.

Phil Engle

You can go ahead and add me to the list, I'm there dude...

I had a blast this year again. Ran a personal best, lost for the third year in a row:rolleyes:, and didn't break anything. What more can I ask for?

Phil Engle

I'm there. Hopefully I can bring the Buick next year, it's got a lot more potential than my LS1 does.

Dave: I didn't hear the announcement but the race ladder showed 92 pairings. The recounting and cross checking is being done and the official results should be released soon.

8URV8, not sure what your beef is, but you had no dog in this race or any other race for that matter. I didn't choose my opponent; he ran a qualifiying time that was good enough to match him against my time of 11.22. My actuator went to hell in my qualifiying run and I couldn't keep boost at reasonable levels at WOT so I pedalled the car for more than half the track, ran an 11.55 and should not have won. I have no idea what happened to the Mustang to cause him to run a 14.50 or if he was incorrectly placed in the ladder.

Phil Engle

Theres no beef just messing with you don't take it to heart....but its pretty funny.:cool: Especially that cap.I'll be out there next year to mess with you some more.Our car came a little short but O well count me for next year.;)

Rename 2010 event to: GMC VS FORD.:biggrin::biggrin:

lol, I would venture to say that 80% of the cars on the buick side were actually buicks. Maybe more. I can't wait for next year... this time Im going to do tuning before the event

my apologies to team buick

hi guys,
well my first shootout is behind me now and i can truthfully say i had a really great time. we arrivied early friday afternoon.went to unload the car and she would not fire a lick.we had just put in brand new plugs for the event. we change them every 3 rounds.that q-16 is death on plugs.any way we pushed the car off the trailer and changed plugs and all was well.(new plugs never been down the track fouled out during starting):
we made a soft pass of 145 mph can't remember et.next pass put the power into it and almost tookout the 300 ft.cone and i lifted. put car in trailer track was not ready for that kind of power its was late and WAY to cold to get any grip.:eek:next day saturday,we put her on the track at about 1:30 pm thinking the track temp was better and it was.how ever upon launching the car i found out while it was better it was still dangerously slick.
the car ran 8.16 @165.65 mph and SHOOK THE TIRES THE ENTIRE 1/4 MILE:eek:i parked the car and told my crew chief we were not running it again until the shootout with the ford which happened around 7:00 pm the track again was to cold to get any real grip but being the crazy guy i am we put more boost in the car and was ready to kick some ford ass.we were goining to try and put a 7 second run up for the buick team just to make everyone happy.:biggrin:how ever that's when it all begin to go wrong:(after turning on the co2 bottle we went into the water and did a nice burnout as planned. at this point my crew chief opens the passenger door and keys the trigger on the laptop to record the pass.i then turn on the nitrous bottle and flip a toggle switch that arms the boost controller.(ams 1000):)
after doining all that the last thing i do is make sure the car is in FIRST GEAR
because if its in SECOND GEAR THE TRANSBRAKE WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!
well guess what? i didn't put the car in first gear(fitst time ever):mad:
when we started to stage against the ford that we had covered my 4 tenths of a second:cool:everything was cool,but when i turned on the second bulb and locked down the transbrake and went FULL THROTTLE she pushed through and tuned on the RED LIGHT:mad:race over:frown:
the transbrake only works when car is in first gear.
so my buick friends (and i met alot of you last weekend) i humbly apologize
for my in competent driving saturday night.you'all made us feel at home even though we were along way from home in southern,il. i want to thank all of you for your hospitality you affored us during our stay at your track.
the plaque for top qualifer TEAM BUICK is beautiful and will hang on my wall with honor.we will be back next year good lord willing and will try to win one for the team,until then, god bless all of you and keep you safe, between the lines and off the wall.
your buick friend forever,
bobby don & "CATEGORY6"
(THE OLE MAN WITH THE SLO BUICK):biggrin: