Comments and a Question regarding TurboLink

kenmosher

Whoosh!
A little news and then a question...

First, it looks like Dave Huinker got his kit and I'm looking forward to getting some of his excellent knowledge in testing a few carbed applications (like his 84 Z28). This should be neat!

Second, we successfully hooked up to some late model trucks (including my Suburban .. a 1993 GMC with the 4L60E transmission). The data looks really good, but I'm still puzzling over some of the stuff in the transmission data piece.

Lastly, the question... we are investigating the next round of product ideas and would really like to know what type of PDA and the price you would pay for it would be? We have seen Windows CE/Pocket PC devices have really dropped to around $199 (from Dell) and that platform probably presents less development challenge (just due to the tools we have in house) for an initial effort. Drop us some email at accelerate@acceleratetech.com ...

The PDA would be more of a companion product to the full blown TurboLink, since it has several limitations in display and data capture, but would use the existing hardware (probably with an adapter cable... not sure yet).

Thanks!