Claissic F.A.S.T. and Alky.

J-B Racing

Forced Induction
I did some researching but did not find what I was looking for as answers. I have noticed that no matter how I adjust my Tables, the FAST will always pull Fuel out because of the Alchohol. Which makes the Engine Run lean. So now that I have gone from a 109 to Stage II I am thinking of removing the Alchohol and run C-16. Is their a solution to this before I sell my Kit?

Thanks
Joe

Not sure what you mean it always pulls fuel due to the alky...it will always do whatever is needed to hit the target af ratio unless you are totally off and hitting the max amount of correction which you can also change.

I have a classic fast and alky and i have never seen what you are describing.

You dont need to run straight C16. I have been where you are at.

Set the trigger point for the alky at 8 or 9 psi. This will activate it but you wont flood it. Set the gain at 6 and leave it alone. Here is what you have to understand when using alky, you have to lean out the gasoline to compensate for all the alcohol being thrown into the motor under boost. You do that by decreasing the values in the VE table under 10 psi or more of boost.

The AF table does not change under part throttle or cruising. Shoot for AF ratios of 11 to 1 above 10 psi and higher on the AF table. Set up a datalog dash board using just PSI, RPM,WB correction. Then you can trim the VE tables, more than likely you will be decreasing the values in the VE tables. This is fine, get the VE tables down to the desired AF ratio of 11 to 1. Keep the timing conservative, I would not run more that 18 degrees of timing over 12 psi.

When you mix two different fuels they have different properties. Gas is lighter and burns hotter, methanol is denser and burns at a lower temperature. The methanol cools the intake charge and the combustion in the cylinder, this keeps the fuel from detonating. Methanol has a higher octane rating so you can run more boost and timing than you could running gasoline.

On my car I had to shut off the second fuel pump, it would flood the motor when the alky would kick in. So I shut it off at the Hobbs switch. I now use a single pump and the alky and that is all I need. Right now the boost is set at 20 psi on the street and it is plenty.

It took me a while but I got it right and the transition where the alky comes in at is very smooth. You will see where the alky comes in on the fuel map, you can adjust AF ratios to make the motor run very smooth.

Hope this helps.

Once you get to 125+hp per hole and over 20gph alky volume you should be targeting a lot richer than most would think even with c16. I've never had a problem on any car with any version of FAST getting my correction down to zero or very close to zero. If your targets and ve numbers are close you should have minimal correction. If your a/f is all over the place you probably have a grounding/voltage issue(s).

Thanks guys. I will re-check these things when I get the car up and running again.

Helpful..:)

Joe

Seems Julio is running 8s on pump gas and an XFI I don;t think its causing an issue.

Set the AF target @10.5@23 psi and tune accordingly, you will survive....

Here you go an 8 sec pass with XFI and ALKY........keep your eye on the O2 correction, boost and target AF ( all images property of Alky control Inc., not to be re-distributed without consent, unless you purchase an Alky kit.) It was his last pass of the day, so he could not tweak it a bit more.

Attachments

• ScreenShot004.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 148
He is logging alky pressure with xfi, it's not a table that affects fueling.

Be a good thing to also upgrade your ecu to a newer system. There is so much more you can do with the xfi

Most guys throw money at the motor when the computer is what keeps the motor together.

The XFI will have to wait. I have gone over board with this S2 Engine for this year.

Thanks Jules...:)

The XFI will have to wait. I have gone over board with this S2 Engine for this year.

Thanks Jules...:)

No prob. Just keep the motor together and you'll have the funds in few months. Need to start the XFI piggy bank and little by little inch up on it.

This is hard to do if your breaking parts or buying C16.

On that note... how old is the pump on your car?o_O Make sure its fresh so when you start tuning your not having to do it again.

No prob. Just keep the motor together and you'll have the funds in few months. Need to start the XFI piggy bank and little by little inch up on it.

This is hard to do if your breaking parts or buying C16.

On that note... how old is the pump on your car?o_O Make sure its fresh so when you start tuning your not having to do it again.
I think that I had purchased 2 or 3 kits from you back in 2008. So mine must be about that old.

I think that I had purchased 2 or 3 kits from you back in 2008. So mine must be about that old.

Looks like you have something else to buy. 4 year old pump and Stage motor are not a good combo. Glad I asked. :)

Joe the XFI is a lot cheaper than the pending divorce...