Chip Rev Limit, 2-Step, and GENII. Please help!

DoubleD

Too many Regals
Hello All,

I'm hoping someone can help me out with this frightening problem I had the other day, where I seemingly hit the soft cut Main limit on the 2step (TH400 RMVB). Please see the attached powerlogger file of the incident. The powerlogger/ecm saw an RPM reading of 8800 rpm for part of a second and cut the fuel injectors while Methanol was presumably still spraying (20 psi of boost at the time). I got out of it obviously, because the car bucked so hard I almost hit my head on the steering wheel. Luckily the motor is not hurt, and doesn't show signs of damage at this point... This is what the 2step is supposed to prevent isn't it?

I am really not sure what may have caused this. I thought that it may be an issue between the GENII and extender extreme G chip with spark control in conjunction with the Baileys 2-step, but I cannot be sure. The only connection I could see being the problem is wire B4 which is tapped by the Translator, and spliced by the 2-step. is there a particular connection scheme this must follow? It currently goes ECM->GEN2 tap for spark control->2step splice->engine

I kinda wish I had a chip that was burned for no rev limit at this point..., but it still seems odd that this reading is so out of whack.

Please Help me out. Very hesitant to drive the car knowing that this could happen again.

Thank you,

-Dennis

View attachment Strange RPM Limit error.ZIP

Maybe I should have titled the thread "8835 RPM, 20psi, and 22.8+ AFR = not super good"

If I had to guess, maybe a crank sensor or ign module problem causing the false RPM reading. It didn't actually go to 8800rpm.
Maybe a short somewhere. What's going on with your IAT reading?
Eric