Chip Needed

mrg7243

Hi all I have a 87 with a 86 chip. I started a thread about it a while back. It is coming to the time to get the GN back on the road. What is a good chip? I have seen JET, s1 and s2, kenne bell, and hypertech all for sale locally. I would like something with a good safe 93 tune on it.

I come from the mitsu world of open ecu tuning, this stuff is all foriegn to me on chips and tuning the chips.

Car has an open air filter right now. By the end of winter should have full 3" exhuast, DP and Hard pipe intake.

What size injectors do you have?

I have 2 Turbo Tweak chips for 60lb injectors.

I think stockers are 28lbs.

You really should e mail Eric Marshall of Turbo Tweak. He will steer you in the right direction.

Have you got a Scan Master yet? It should be your first tuning tool purchase.

I will do that.

Can someone walk me through what a scanmaster is exactly? I see it basically as a box that shows me whats going on. Does it have data log capabilities?

Also I read on the TTweak website that certain parameters cans be tuned. Does the scanmaster do the tuning? or is it doen with an independent software?

You can tune WOT 02's with the SM. You really need PL to "look" at the whole run...and then make your adjustments.

I will do that.

Can someone walk me through what a scanmaster is exactly? I see it basically as a box that shows me whats going on. Does it have data log capabilities?

Also I read on the TTweak website that certain parameters cans be tuned. Does the scanmaster do the tuning? or is it doen with an independent software?

There are several vendors here on the forum that sell Scanmasters. It basically will tell you what your car is doing. They are great to have. For logging and tuning Direct Scan is nice to have. You will need a laptop for DS. Eric's chips are adjustable but unless you are experienced with these cars I don't recommend it. At least get the scan master that is the minimum.
And make sure you have a aftermarket Boost gauge, the LED on the dash forget it.