Chicago Area V6 Turbo Mechanic

I'm in Mokena, I work on TB's out of my garage. If your looking for tuning and troubleshooting, I will out perform any local shop. Just ask the members who know me.;) PM if interested.

Rick

+1 to Rick !

Rick knows his Sh!t and is a great guy. I love my car, have had it for nearly 12 years and plan to keep it forever. And I'd trust Rick with it any day of the week.

This was several years ago, so I would be a liar if I said I remember all the details of this deal, but I can tell you that we have been a brick-and-mortar business for 10 years now, and even in this economic climate, are still doing well. We wouldnt still be here if that was the way this operation was run.

That being said.....when modifying cars, things arent always perfect and some things may have happened without my knowledge or realization. Mike, I just sent you an email.

Sent Tom a reply email back 1/26, no response and no big deal.

what about ASSC Racing in Lake Bluff,i never used them but other guys on this forum has and was happy with them?
Larry is not as well known in the Turbo Buick community because a big chunk of his business comes from Mustangs, insanely fast (like 7 & 8 second) turbo and nitrous SBCs.

With that said, I took my car there and know some other GN guys that have taken their cars their as well. He tuned my car to the point where it practically runs like a slightly rough idling cadillac.

Everything depends on who you talk to but many folks believe he's the best tuner in the midwest.

So in short, I'd take my car to ASSC, no problem at all.

Does he actually change parts for you or does he just tune?
Full service shop. They tune and build cars. If you saw my buddy's camaro that he practically rebuilt after it was totaled, you'd think he did body work too.

diaz 87 pm me and ill tell you a few stories about street performance
$$$$$$$$$. no t always what thay say it will be by a long shot
chas52

diaz 87 pm me and ill tell you a few stories about street performance
$$$$$$$$$. no t always what thay say it will be by a long shot
chas52
Just to be clear, ASSC & Street Performance are two DIFFERENT shops. One is reputable and the other is out of business because of exactly what you described.

guys i due know the difference between the 2 shops.Gary from street performance use to be base out of his house in Park Ridge on Oakton street
next to the park.And of course ASSC in based in Lake Bluff

Let me make my self clear.What i was trying to ask and Jasjamz was trying to say is due ASSC actually work on gn motor like head work,cam work and motor rebuilds or is he the guy that you take your car to him to have it tuned?

street performance

hope you got everything detailed in writing about what he did.
got invoices that say turbo 800$ what kind?, injectors what #
any follow up guess your out of luck.
many other stories if you want
chas52

Did you find someone to help you?

I'm in Mokena, I work on TB's out of my garage. If your looking for tuning and troubleshooting, I will out perform any local shop. Just ask the members who know me.;) PM if interested.

Rick

Rick has always went above and beyond for me. He knows better than some vendors I have purchased parts from. I am 3 hrs away and made several trips to have him help me out. If you are in Chicago he is the man. The numbers in my sig. do not LIE.:D :cool: :smile: He is a very busy man but will find time to help if needed.

Let me make my self clear.What i was trying to ask and Jasjamz was trying to say is due ASSC actually work on gn motor like head work,cam work and motor rebuilds or is he the guy that you take your car to him to have it tuned?

Right

Rick is the man , And one thing I hate is asking someone else to help me, I have always been that type of guy to try and learn all that I can .Hey Rick you doing any classes ?? Thanks Rick for all your help.;)

Rick is the man , And one thing I hate is asking someone else to help me, I have always been that type of guy to try and learn all that I can .Hey Rick you doing any classes ?? Thanks Rick for all your help.;)

Rick must be the man if he having classes.How much is the enrollment cost:biggrin:

Rick must be the man if he having classes.How much is the enrollment cost:biggrin:

School is not in session righ now. Wait until US41 opens and we will teach how to give it gas and kick some ass;) I am so ready. Several new parts for the new season. I am making a road trip up to his house next weekend I hope to pick up some doors from DR. Boost. I may run TSM this year or for sure quick 16 class.