Chicago Area V6 Turbo Mechanic

GNregistry

Hello

Had a v6 turbo owner interested in mechanics to help look at and work on car, please reply here... stock rosewood turbo t.

Brett

I live in Soutwest Chicago. Like I said earlier, I'm looking for a High quality service tech to, evaluate and maintain
my recent purchase. I'm not looking to race this vehicle, just keep it as close to original as possible... So if you have
anyone the you could suggest, the help would be tremendous. Also if you can point me to someone, to determine
which of the 1,921 made in 1986, do I actually have....

thanks for your help....

Maurice Allen
deephouseheads@gmail.com
773-230-6570 cell
708-387-6345 wk...

I don't think anyone knows which number car they have for a certain year because GM produced all G-body cars at the same plants; thus every G-body is numbered, but not model specific. At least that is how I understand it.

since when did they do GN stuff???:confused:
i would advise not going there

PM me details, id be more than willing to help out.

We specialize in Gm performance vehicles. I personally own GNX#357, my tuner has had 2 TR's, and 2 of my techs have/had TR's. Not to mention Turbocharging in general is our specialty.

We modify, and maintain Turbo Buicks & TTA's, as well as what we are most known for, LSX powered vehicles.

There are other choices out there, but want it to be clear, we are quite familiar with Buicks.

We specialize in Gm performance vehicles. I personally own GNX#357, my tuner has had 2 TR's, and 2 of my techs have/had TR's. Not to mention Turbocharging in general is our specialty.

We modify, and maintain Turbo Buicks & TTA's, as well as what we are most known for, LSX powered vehicles.

There are other choices out there, but want it to be clear, we are quite familiar with Buicks.

well. i stand corrected then. i was not aware that you guys delt with TRs.

I personally have had my car tuned by the guys at Speed Inc. I found them to be very knowledgable, and great guys to talk to. The owner more than goes out of his way for customers, I know this cause some of my friends take thier LS car to them for work. I recommend them as an option for buicks.

Jeff
87 T
11.0 @ 124.5

Also need a mechainc

I live in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago. I bought a 1987 GN in 2007 and blew a head gasket last year. Had a knock that I foolishly ignored. Car was fixed perfectly, but the shop was not real experienced in Turbo Buicks.

I need someone to make sure that the turbo is functioning correctly and that all the sensors, computer, etc. are good. The car was in the family since 2000, and I seem to remember as being MUCH quicker. It's all stock with 14,000 miles, and I want to keep it stock.

Thanks.

Took my car to Speed Inc. 4-5 years ago for a cam and heads upgrade, they totally screwed my car up.:mad: It was a 55k mile show car with bolt ons that ran excellent and perfect 12 teens at the time and I got greedy and wanted more, was introduced to Tom owner of Speed by a good friend. Picked the car up and it was smoking, they told me oil was on the headers and it would burn off. Took the car home, it ran ok but the smoking got worse. Took it back, received a call a few days later saying it was fixed. Got a ride 50+ miles there, picked it up, drove down the street bucking and smoking. Turned around and went back, they it's wasn't their fault. Had to get a flat bed to tow my car all the way back home at a $100 plus dollars, picking it up from Speed all fixed, yeah right. Had to go to another shop to get my car straighten out and believe me it right, five years now.:D Sorry to rant and the long post,I could go a little deeper but it was just something that had been on my mind for a few years.

supervpp, glad you found someone, these cars are a blast when they are right.

Took my car to Speed Inc. 4-5 years ago for a cam and heads upgrade, they totally screwed my car up.:mad: It was a 55k mile show car with bolt ons that ran excellent and perfect 12 teens at the time and I got greedy and wanted more, was introduced to Tom owner of Speed by a good friend. Picked the car up and it was smoking, they told me oil was on the headers and it would burn off. Took the car home, it ran ok but the smoking got worse. Took it back, received a call a few days later saying it was fixed. Got a ride 50+ miles there, picked it up, drove down the street bucking and smoking. Turned around and went back, they it's wasn't their fault. Had to get a flat bed to tow my car all the way back home at a $100 plus dollars, picking it up from Speed all fixed, yeah right. Had to go to another shop to get my car straighten out and believe me it right, five years now.:D Sorry to rant and the long post,I could go a little deeper but it was just something that had been on my mind for a few years.

supervpp, glad you found someone, these cars are a blast when they are right.

Who did you end up with????

the next closest shop is pro trac in joliet. just past rte 66 drag strip.

Shop wise, Chgo. area is kinda weak with our cars but it's alot of good individuals and some excellent engine builders/machine shops. I ended up going to Aggressive Auto in Mich. Bruce specializes in TR's. It was a little ride but our cars are special. I have no regrets. www.aggresiveauto.com

I thought Aggressive Auto went out of business?

mybuick

Do you have an address or phone number for ProTrac?
Can't find them on the web. Joliet is pretty close to me.

Thanks for all the additional input. I'm trying to make as infromed a decision as I can on where to take the car.

Web site not working for Aggressive Auto?

I thought Aggressive Auto went out of business?

Nah, Bruce is still kicking over there. Most of his business is still TR's. Type in the web site all one word, my link must not be working. Web site is up just not 09 current. Like I said the only down fall with him is that he's in Michigan, prices are real reasonable. 586-771-9122