Check out my NEW GTO...1965 that is.

Steve Petro

I just picked up a 1965 GTO. It is virtually NEW in every concours detail. Now if the weather would warm up here! No pictures on website yet.

mmm GTO! :D

I almost bought a 65 back in 85 when I was in high school. It had been sitting for years with the engine/tranny out.

It was red with white interior, orignal 389 with 4 speed. $1000 and I passed because I didn't have the $$ to rebuild the engine. :(

Man if I could come across a deal like that today!!:eek:

I still have a BIG LOVE for Goats as I ended up with a 455 powered 1970.

I have a friend with a 69 and 70 judge... the 70 is a RAIV car.. some day I am going to make him an offer he can't refuse!
(after I win the lottery)

Let us know when the pics are up! I am still slobbering all over the pics of you 70 Judge!

:)

Joel

I had a 65 back in 1976 to 80.
389 tripower, 4 speed, 390 rear gears!

You catch that Tripower craking open just right with a power shift
& WOW Neck snap :D

Congrats & enjoy it.. the 65 is the best looking I think

I was so excited when I sat down at the computer, I noticed we can not post any attachments anymore. I will have pics soon on my website. Sorry I jumped the gun.

Hmmm......sure would be cool to see that car at a spring-time event.........say.....a fling? :)

You going to bring it Steve?

I WAS GOING 12.50s IN MY SHOW QUALITY, DAILY DRIVER, 65 GOAT BACK IN THE EARLY 70s. TAKING VERBAL ABUSE FROM CHEVY OWNERS AND BLOWING THEY'RE 427s AWAY AT THE SAME TIME. ;)

I let my freind drive mine ('71 in signature) and we found a stang at the street races. We went and he (us) missed second and probably took the motor to 8k rpm. I really got to step up from the hei and get a rev limited ign. The long rods probably saved it. And we popped the stang on the hiway with 3 people in mine.
If you take your 65 for many road trips youll want a 200 r4. These cars love O.D. , the engines can pull along at 80 like theyre not even on. Mine in 6th gear hurts my right foot because the gas has to be barely feathered. Enjoy that 65, I wish mine was that light.