cat ?

kshef

the car is running very rich...i need to get rid of the cat..is it legal? the car easily passes emissions
is there a good high flow cat?

Disabling emission control devices is a federal offense, punishable by a fine of $25000 per day per incident. Now regarding the above statement. There really needs to be no additional comments about the federal deficit or otherwise and no blame game. If your engine is running very rich, you should address the rich problem before tacking a cat on it. You'll just burn out the new cat. Many vendors sell high flow three-way-cats (TWC) and so does your local muffler shop. If you have a local muffler shop install one, just make sure the flange and bracket remains intact.

my fuel pressure is at 38
18psi boost
no knock
o2s at 830
i thought if i got rid of the cat it would help lower o2s?

The main purpose of the narrow band O2 sensor is to help the three way catalytic converter work more efficiently. It helps the computer controlled fuel system maintain a 14.5-14.9:1 air fuel ratio. With 14.5:1 being a little rich to shut down NOx. with 14.9:1 being a little lean, the extra O2 is stored in the substrate material of the cat to assist with oxidation (changing HC and CO to CO2 and H2O) process. Taking it off will more than likely drive the emissions higher. Especially since the a/f ratio is rich.

But if we are talking about performance gains, then yes there are some gains to be had by taking it off. But this is a smog check section that this issue is being discussed.