Cat converter install

dsa87gn

I need to install a cat for inspection... Been many years since I installed my 3" Terry Houston downpipe, Dump pipe and Hooker exhaust.
If I unbolt the dump from the flange will I be able to slip it out of there without losening the Downpipe or the exhaust ?
The dump and cat converter are the same length, ~12.5"

I used to have to that every other year here in Illinois. If i remember correctly, I had to unbolt my THDP at the turbo to slip the test pipe off and slip the converter back on. Thankfully, the state no longer requires pre 1990 vehicle emissions testing.

Here in CO we have emissions every 5 years. In order to replace the cat I take my RJC down pipe loose from the turbo, remove it from test pipe slip joint, & reverse with the cat. Then undo after emissions. Bit of a pain.

I'm pretty sure you will have to unbolt the downpipe and the flange to remove the dump pipe

Here in CO we have emissions every 5 years. In order to replace the cat I take my RJC down pipe loose from the turbo, remove it from test pipe slip joint, & reverse with the cat. Then undo after emissions. Bit of a pain.
Thats what I did when we had emissions testing here in NJ, I unbolted the dowmpipe, unbolt the test pipe and slip in the cat converter.