Car turns off after 15 minutes of driving

whitakergirls

I have a 86 turbo t. After the driving the car around town for 15 minutes the cars sputters and shuts off. After you sit for awhile it will start back up and allow me to get home. Any thoughts? Thanks

Module? Coil? Need more info. did you check fuel pressure.Check for spark and injector pulse?

Possible fuel pump heating up and dying till it cools off again. If you don't have a fuel pressure gauge, you could Carefully check for pressure at the schrader valve on the fuel rail.

I was waiting til you had your problem solved before I jumped in.

I'm having similar problems but my car drives fine then all of a sudden it just dies. It doesn't sputter or anything it just dies like someone turned the key off.

My coil, module, fuel filter, cam sensor, and Walbro fuel pump from ttweak are about a year old due to some problems I had a year ago.

I'm kinda thinking maybe the fuel pump relay might be getting hot.

Once mine kills it will start back immediately

Any help will be appreciated

Poppy, check all your grounds... battery, block, firewall. Check your fuel pump connection at the tank. Check connection at the coilpack. You could run a test wire up into the car from the 12v lead at the pump to a voltmeter in the car and see if you lose voltage while driving.

Thanks ill check these things out and get back to y'all
The car did this once about a month ago buy not again til yesterday and it did it three times

I'm thinking like you that maybe voltage or short cause it just kills immediately no stumble ot anything

Thanks ill check these things out and get back to y'all
The car did this once about a month ago buy not again til yesterday and it did it three times

I'm thinking like you that maybe voltage or short cause it just kills immediately no stumble ot anything
The next time it does it spray the crank sensor with a can of brake parts cleaner and see if it restarts immediately.