car has no power..when you hit the gas it just sputters and wont go anywhere

The best choice would be a maf translator and an Lt1 maf sensor. You can sometimes find them for sale in the parts forum but they don't last long in there.

O'Reilly's has a new BWD maf sensor with a lifetime warranty that you may be interested in trying if you can't get a translator/Lt1 maf. I've had good experiences with the BWD brand of parts but others have not for some reason.But if you're in a crunch it might be worth looking into and you can get your money back if it doesn't work.

As someone said before get a MAF Translator and an lT1 MAF sensor and dont look back. I wasted more time and money buying rebuilt and used stock MAF's before doing it right. Cost me more trying to save money.

I bought my car new. The original MAF sensor lasted 12 years, none of the others lasted more than 6 months until I upgraded and things have been fine for 6 years now.

Back in the old days before translators the parts house MAF took 12 tries on average. Way back when, it took me exactly 12 tries to get one that read close enough at idle and would max out at 255. When I changed over to a translator and MAF from my 'good' Advance Auto Parts MAF it was like a different car.

There is NO reason to continue running a stock unit on these cars since the invention of the translator.

awesome thanks for the advice. i will switch over...the only thing holding me back was the whole chip thing. since i don't have to get the chips re done im for sure going that route.

my original mass air flow in the car only has one screen.. i thought you could run them with only one screen. also the new one i bought only had one screen.

The translator will work just fine with a chip you're happy with. If you ever decide to change chips it will allow you to get an upgraded unit that will read higher than 255 g/sec of air for better top end fueling.

it will allow you to get an upgraded unit that will read higher than 255 g/sec of air for better top end fueling.

I have a standard Translator. What do you mean here?

I have a standard Translator. What do you mean here?

If you get an Extender or Extender Extreme chip, you can flip the dip switches and read to 512 g/sec and 768 g/sec respectively. Not sure if Eric does it on any of his chips.