Car crashed into my business

87NAT

In Between GN's
I had the worst day ever in business yesterday. An 80 year old lady came to my cleaners to drop off some clothes and when she pulled into my parking lot she hit the gas instead of the brakes. She plowed thru my lobby and almost ended up into the back part of my plant. I had just finsihed taking in some clothes from a young lady and her 3 year old daughter. She had just left the lobby only 30 seconds before the car came in. I also had just stepped into the back to check in her order. I have the video footage on my security tapes. Its very chilling. No doubt the girl and the child would have been killed or pinned under the car. I guess I would have been pinned against the back wall. I didnt sleep too much last night. I have a big mess over here. But walls and bricks and glass can be replaced....a life cannot. I would not be able to sleep at night or even work in my shop again if something would have happened to those two people. The old lady didnt even get a scratch. Go figure...

Thats me in the picture with the blue shirt taking a picture.

Attachments

• MAY13 006 (Custom).jpg
    MAY13 006 (Custom).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 832
  • MAY13 011 (Custom).jpg
    MAY13 011 (Custom).jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 824
  • bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 834
  • MAY23.jpg
    MAY23.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 849
  • MAAAS.jpg
    MAAAS.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 847
guess ya have a "drive thru" now :p sorry couldn't resist.. Nobody hurt .. Ins co will fix it an ya just have to move on.. Oh you can always "second guess" yourself. DON'T .. "**** happeneds" :redface:

That's messed up. I guess it's the best outcome given what could have happened. Nobody was hurt and your place didn't burn to the ground.

Don't forget to calculate lost revenue because of this wreck and add that to your insurance claim.

Wow. Glad to here everyone is OK. Can you post the security footage?

I will post as soon as I get a chance. I am glad there is no audio becasue I was screaming like a little girl when that car came at me.:eek: :D

Do you have a photo of the driver? ;)

Glad there was no injurys. The same thing happened to a c-store down the street from my old shop. They had a company make 2 1/2 foot concrete barriers in front of the entrance. I hope the insurance doesn't try to take you to the cleaners;) Sorry, couldn't resist. Best of luck to you.

Good to see everyone is OK and Grumpy beat me to the drive thru comment.:smile: Think of all the free advertising you got on this, sure it was on the news. Happens around here all the time.

Might want to think about putting some bollards in front of the store to protect it in the future. They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place but don't think that applies to little old ladies. Maybe the rim of the steering wheel was obstructing her view?

I will be installing some serious steel barriers as soon as this mess is all taken care of. Thanks for all the support guys.

I actually have a side door that was supposed to be for a future drive thru. I will be using it for a few weeks for sure.

Anyone know how to get sheetrock dust out from your ears, nose, throat, teeth, etc..............

car ran right through the 12 by 6 foot glass pane and pushed in the bricks into the office lol

it can all be repaired and paid for and then some made off of it but thank god no one was hurt

It figures it would be an LSU supporter. LOL Glad to here everyone came out without a scratch.

wow! Hate to hear this Ed....you really are a big guy;)

Thanks for the support Taylor.

Im 6'7"-275 lbs. Thats why I always joke that If I could get a 90lb high school kid to drive my car it would run mid 10's all day long. Im losing at least half a second in my car:biggrin: ;)