Car crashed into my business

Update: Well its been exactly a month and my place is all fixed. Almost $30,000 in costs.

Attachments

• afcr3.jpg
    afcr3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 477
  • afcr2.jpg
    afcr2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 480
  • aftercr1.jpg
    aftercr1.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 471
Ed, I dont see any concrete filled steel posts in front of the door. Any plans for that? We have had about 3 C stores get driven into and they all added the posts. Glad to see the shop is fixed. When my car gets out of paint jail I am gonna have to make the trip to Laf. and take you for a ride. I think you'll be impressed. Later, Jeremy Walters

Update: Well its been exactly a month and my place is all fixed. Almost $30,000 in costs.

Up here that would have been a lot more than $30k. Id go for the concrete filled posts. Ill post a pic of what those look like when someone does exactly what they did to your shop when hitting the wrong pedal. I wish i had a pic of the front of the old bastards car that did it. It was a at a store i worked at about 4 years ago. I could hear the smash inside when he hit it going about 25 mph. Lol. He tried to back up and drive away. Tranny cooler and radiator were ruptured so he only made it about 15 feet.

Well I finally got the poles in. 6" pipe, concrete filled, sunk 4 feet into the ground. It aint gonna happen again.

Attachments

• poles (Custom).jpg
    poles (Custom).jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 314
Still looks like people can fit between the poles, but best of luck :) ---

Yes. You are correct. The car that came thru was pulling into a marked parking slot. Being that I am not at an intersection or very close to the road I had to go with these spaced pole locations. I dont feel I will have a random driver come plowing up my driveway at high speeds. Instead I need to prevent my customers form their foot slipping of the brake, car jumping out of gear, etc...

Alot of my customers come in with armfuls of clothes and having a complete horizontal barrier or twice as many poles will most certainly result in someone tripping or falling over the barrier. Hello lawsuit.:frown:

I know nothing is certain but I wanted to at least put the odds in my favor.

so, where's the crash footage?

It was recorded on my Samsung DVR security system. It is encoded so that it can only be transferred to my PC with a memory stick and it has to play in its own Samsung window format. I cannot email or post the file.:mad: I have it burned on CD though and will sell copies of this starting at $100.:D

Now that you've done this I can just see a big truck doing it again. lol Sorry but it's kinda like fate. Get everything done the best that you can and fate steps in to say NOT!! LOL Good luck with it though.

My grandpa says he's been looking for a good dry cleaners with steel concrete poles out front to help keep his "shaky brake foot" & his "always forgetting to put it park" memory from crashing his truck through the front doors.......:D

The Darkside:cool:

Attachments

• bgfot1203k.jpg
    bgfot1203k.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 221
Now that you've done this I can just see a big truck doing it again. lol Sorry but it's kinda like fate. Get everything done the best that you can and fate steps in to say NOT!! LOL Good luck with it though.

I hope your wrong. I dont want to go through that mess EVER again.

My grandpa says he's been looking for a good dry cleaners with steel concrete poles out front to help keep his "shaky brake foot" & his "always forgetting to put it park" memory from crashing his truck through the front doors.......:D

The Darkside:cool:

At least I will hear this one coming. That Towncar came in like a ninja.:eek:

And ya'll wondered why Spurrier didn't want to play anymore night games at LSU!

Have you put the drive through in yet??

Adam I havent heard that one yet.:rolleyes:

If I had a dollar for every time someone has said that in the past 3 months....

I think she was from Mississippi. You know how those folks drive over there.:D

Yeah, Spurrier said in a postgame interview he would never play a night game in BR again. Think it was after LSU defeated the then ranked 1st Gators in 1997.

What I'm not sure of is if this was before LSU fans burned the TN busses, or set the old practice facility on fire at Auburn :eek:

Can't wait for the Florida/LSU game this year, planning on coming down!!!