Cant find adjustable wastegates for HA cars...

Donniejr81

I've been trying to find a wastegate for my '85 and all Im coming up with are ones for 86-87's. From what I can tell there is a difference in the mounting bolt holes between the two. Is there an adapter piece of some sort to use the IC style wastegates on HA cars? The stocker on mine is leaking bad at the diaphragm. Ive searched the forums and vendors with no luck. Any ideas? At this point I'll settle for a used one as long as its adjustable and doesn't leak...

I've been trying to find a wastegate for my '85 and all Im coming up with are ones for 86-87's. From what I can tell there is a difference in the mounting bolt holes between the two. Is there an adapter piece of some sort to use the IC style wastegates on HA cars? The stocker on mine is leaking bad at the diaphragm. Ive searched the forums and vendors with no luck. Any ideas? At this point I'll settle for a used one as long as its adjustable and doesn't leak...

The best solution is get an 86/87 single hose actuator and have it welded to the 84/85 wastegate actuator bracket. The open line vacuum line is simply capped off. This would be the one on the rod side of the 84/85 actautor. Brad

Thanks Brad, I had thought about doing that actually. I'm looking toward Kirban's or Full Throttle for the actuator. Maybe if they're feeling generous they'll give me a package price because Im looking to get my hotwire and fpr too.:D

I've found dual port waste gates on evilbay before Donnie. I think I paid less than $30 for the one I've got now. It bolts on so you may be able use the stock mounting bracket but just remove the old actuator.

Evilbay I like that...I always called it feebay.

I've been keeping a lookout there too...sort of...I get distracted pretty easy lol. I'm going to do my fuel pump, WG, hotwire, FPR, and brakes all at once, so I have time to scratch around for good deals. Thanks.

Oh yeah, thank you Brad, that up-pipe I bought from you awhile back is one of the best looking things under my hood :cool:

You see how easily I just got distracted........................