Cam sensor cap (Jump to post 14 for update)

And yeah 626gn in #5 symptoms greatly improved as I could actually drive it without feeling like something is drastically wrong until 1/2 to 3/4 load when it breaks up. Maybe my accell coil pack is a dud and my stock one breaks up under load. I could try putting stock module back on with stock coilpack and use the caspers thing to test if I'm reading you right it does work on stock parts just not with standard module or accell cp but if i throw both factory stock units on should give accurate reading. If the coil pack passes with stock module that would mean my standard module was at fault but if it fails then it could mean it's bad or mean both standard and stock coil pack are bad at least I could possibly narrow it down if it does pass to the standard module. Thanks again

Check your plug wires. All should ohm fairly even to one another. My car broke up bad when one wire was kaput.

And yeah 626gn in #5 symptoms greatly improved as I could actually drive it without feeling like something is drastically wrong until 1/2 to 3/4 load when it breaks up. Maybe my accell coil pack is a dud and my stock one breaks up under load. I could try putting stock module back on with stock coilpack and use the caspers thing to test if I'm reading you right it does work on stock parts just not with standard module or accell cp but if i throw both factory stock units on should give accurate reading. If the coil pack passes with stock module that would mean my standard module was at fault but if it fails then it could mean it's bad or mean both standard and stock coil pack are bad at least I could possibly narrow it down if it does pass to the standard module. Thanks again
Separate your stock coil pack from the stock module and send me a pic of the insides. I could probably tell you if its the correct one that will work with the tester.

Definitely change out your plugs. If your car has been running crappy the plugs you have now likely no good anymore. And use something other than "NGK 24". Don't recognize that plug. Something along the lines of Autolite 24's, AC Delco CR43TS, NGK UR5 will suffice for now until you get things sorted.

Shit sorry I don't know why I put ngk 24 lol they're definitely autolite 24s, dumb moment but yeah definitely getting some new ones in there and I will check wires and replace if needed. It has to be something dumb like wires or plugs it just seems way to odd to find 2 bad coilpack and 2 bad modules the same exact time I discovered a broken cam drive. I only even put a new cp and module on to find the code 41 but that was definitely linked to broke cam sensor drive since code went away after fixing that. So that would mean my factory ones fail the exact same time as the cam sensor shaft broke since it ran perfect prior to code. If any that makes any sense. ....but still any idea of power to look for cam sensor at cam sensor,module, and ecu since that would be a free check after plugs and wires

...or your "assumed" good coil packs and modules were never good from the start. Get me that pic of your AC Delco coil pack and module separated and we can proceed from there.

I speak from experience in those accel coil packs are shit. I tried 3 and all were....shit.

Going back to basics:
Does your chip match those 60# injectors?
What MAF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After having the sensor disconnected, and now having reconnected it, you might have to run the motor a couple times. turn off the car, run it around town, and do it again. just to let the computer reset the signal (I found this to be true with my experience of unplugging the cam sensor after turning the car on.. Code went away after the third time driving around)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Shit sorry I don't know why I put ngk 24 lol they're definitely autolite 24s, dumb moment but yeah definitely getting some new ones in there and I will check wires and replace if needed. It has to be something dumb like wires or plugs it just seems way to odd to find 2 bad coilpack and 2 bad modules the same exact time I discovered a broken cam drive. I only even put a new cp and module on to find the code 41 but that was definitely linked to broke cam sensor drive since code went away after fixing that. So that would mean my factory ones fail the exact same time as the cam sensor shaft broke since it ran perfect prior to code. If any that makes any sense. ....but still any idea of power to look for cam sensor at cam sensor,module, and ecu since that would be a free check after plugs and wires
Forgot to mention the coil pack and module should be changed out as a unit. If you pair a bad coil pack with a good module it is possible to ruin it.