Cam sensor assembly

Harv49

How do I know if I am putting the cam sensor assy in the right position. If it was a distributor I know where it is positioned, but I am not sure with this set-up. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanx

You have been a great help and I just wanted to that you for your help.

if its already in just set crank to 25atdc compression stroke #1 cyl and use the voltmeter or cam sensor tool rotate body to set like you would a distributor , like a distributor it really doesnt matter where the wires end up so long as you have it so sensor trips when rotating sensor body counter clockwise with crank at 25atdc compression stroke #1 cyl

if you want it in like the factory did ,easy way ive found that works and needs no special tools to setup
put crank at 25atdc compression stroke #1 cyl ..i use a straight razor blade which is approx 1.45" wide (its 1.50)to get my mark on crank hub)
point dot on cam sensor gear toward pass fender drop in sensor, you might need to rotate oil pump shaft to get it to drop in fully ,use a long screwdriver and try again until it sits flush...with sensor popped down fully the lower edge of cam sensor ring slot should be about 4:00
turn body so that notch sits directly opposite and straight inline with the low edge of sensor window ( edge thats closest to radiator and notch should be should be approx 11:00 )

tighten cam sensor body down and install cap making sure notch on cap aligns with notch on sensor body , wires on cap should be at about 4:00 (near alternator)
its really that simple